American Capital Agency Corp. Encourages Stockholders To Submit Voting Instructions For Its Annual Meeting
BETHESDA, Md., April 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- American Capital Agency Corp. (Nasdaq: AGNC) ("AGNC" or the "Company") announced today that it is encouraging all holders of the Company's common stock to submit their voting instructions promptly for the annual meeting of stockholders to be held on April 30, 2013. Common stockholders who have not yet voted may still vote in advance of the meeting by telephone or internet, as described below.
The items for discussion at the Annual Meeting include:
- To elect the Board of Directors, with each director serving a one-year term and until his or her successor is elected and qualified;
- To approve an amendment to AGNC's Certificate of Incorporation to increase the total authorized number of shares of preferred stock from 10,000,000 to 20,000,000;
- To ratify the selection of Ernst & Young LLP to serve as AGNC's independent public accountant for the year ending December 31, 2013; and
- To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournments or postponements thereof.
More information on the items to be discussed at the meeting can be found in the Company's proxy statement available at www.AGNC.com/2013proxymaterials.
AGNC has engaged Georgeson Inc. ("Georgeson"), a proxy solicitation firm, to contact common stockholders by telephone to encourage voting. Common stockholders that have not already voted may receive calls prior to the meeting from Georgeson on behalf of the Company.
VOTING INSTRUCTIONS - SHARES OF COMMON STOCK HELD WITH A BROKER:
- Common stockholders may cast their votes on the internet at www.proxyvote.com. Please have the proxy control number from the proxy card available and follow the instructions provided.
- Common stockholders who wish to vote by phone may call AGNC's proxy solicitor, Georgeson, at 800-676-0194.
- Common stockholders may contact their brokerage firms for help with casting their votes.
Please note that voting by phone or internet will require that you have your proxy control number available. This number is printed on the proxy card accompanying the Proxy Statement. Common stockholders who have not yet received their proxy control number should contact their brokerage firm.
VOTING INSTRUCTIONS - SHARES OF COMMON STOCK HELD IN CERTIFICATE FORM:
- Registered common stockholders may cast their votes on the internet at www.investorvote.com/AGNC. Please have the holder account number and proxy access number from the proxy card available and follow the instructions provided.
- Registered common stockholders who wish to vote by phone may call AGNC's transfer agent, Computershare, at 1-800-652-VOTE (8683).
For further information or questions, please contact our Investor Relations Department at (301) 968-9300 or IR@AGNC.com.
ABOUT AMERICAN CAPITAL AGENCY CORP.
American Capital Agency Corp. (Nasdaq: AGNC) is a real estate investment trust that invests in agency pass-through securities and collateralized mortgage obligations for which the principal and interest payments are guaranteed by a U.S. Government agency or a U.S. Government-sponsored entity. The Company is externally managed and advised by American Capital AGNC Management, LLC, an affiliate of American Capital, Ltd. ("American Capital"). For further information, please refer to www.AGNC.com.
ABOUT AMERICAN CAPITAL
American Capital, Ltd. (Nasdaq: ACAS) is a publicly traded private equity firm and global asset manager. American Capital, both directly and through its asset management business, originates, underwrites and manages investments in middle market private equity, leveraged finance, real estate and structured products. American Capital manages $18.6 billion of assets, including assets on its balance sheet and fee earning assets under management by affiliated managers, with $117 billion of total assets under management (including levered assets). Through an affiliate, American Capital manages publicly traded American Capital Agency Corp. (Nasdaq: AGNC) with approximately a $13 billion market capitalization and American Capital Mortgage Investment Corp. (Nasdaq: MTGE) with approximately a $1.5 billion market capitalization. From its eight offices in the U.S. and Europe, American Capital and its affiliate, European Capital, will consider investment opportunities from $10 million to $750 million. For further information, please refer to www.AmericanCapital.com.
Investors – (301) 968-9300
SOURCE American Capital Agency Corp.