American Cruise Lines Debuts Puget Sound Cruise on April 27 American Spirit departs Seattle to explore the majestic Pacific Northwest landscapes of the Puget Sound and San Juan Islands
GUILFORD, Conn., April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- American Cruise Lines (www.americancruiselines.com), the largest U.S. cruise company, introduces Puget Sound and San Juan Islands itinerary to the American Spirit's 2013 schedule with a debut journey sailing on April 27. This new voyage is a one-of-a-kind experience that provides a glimpse into the pristine environment and captivating scenery only found in the Pacific Northwest. This is the company's newest addition to a growing portfolio of cruises in the Pacific Northwest which includes Alaska and Columbia & Snake River itineraries.
The eight-day roundtrip voyage from Seattle explores the hundreds of islands, many of which are uninhabited, nestled between Canada's Vancouver Island and the U.S. mainland. While aboard, guests enjoy elegant accommodations, personalized service, fine dining, nightly entertainment and daily lectures and seminars from local experts on the region's rich history. The Puget Sound itinerary will run from April 2013 through October 2013 and then again from March 2014 through November 2014. Rates start at $3,750 per person.
"We are excited to offer the Puget Sound cruise to our guests and to provide a unique experience in that location," said Timothy Beebe, Vice President of American Cruise Lines. "We recognize that cruisers have many options these days and we are proud they choose to sail with us and identify our brand as a leader in the cruise industry."
The Puget Sound and San Juan Islands cruise will feature a variety of excursions:
- Victoria, Canada: This adventurous day begins with a ferry ride to Victoria, Canada from Port Angeles, WA. On a guided tour guests can visit Butchart Gardens - one of Victoria's most famous and popular attractions. After the gardens, guests can participate in a narrated tour of the city before taking the ferry back to Port Angeles.
- Anacortes, WA: Located between Seattle and Vancouver, on beautiful Fidalgo Island, Anacortes is known as the gateway to the San Juan. A thriving seaside town with a past that mirrors the fascinating boom and busy history and entrepreneurial spirit of the area, a walking tour is a great way to get a true feel for the town. Guests can admire the extensive, colorful murals depicting the history of the city while taking in the town center and the W.T. Preston stern wheeler.
- Friday Harbor: Guests can visit The Whale Museum and learn about the natural history of marine mammals in the museum's Gallery of the Whales, with a special focus on orcas that live in the surrounding area.
- Olympic National Park and Hurricane Ridge: Known as a land of beauty and variety, guests can explore the home of some of the largest remnants of ancient forests left in this country while at Olympic National Park. While at Olympic National Park, guests can marvel at the spectacular view at Hurricane Ridge.
- Port Townsend, WA: Guests can experience the 19th century Victorian buildings, historic charm and striking natural setting in Port Townsend by taking part in a guided walking tour through the town.
The American Spirit carries 100 guests in 200 square foot staterooms, which feature large opening picture windows and hotel-style bathrooms, various unique panoramic lounges and amenities including an exercise area and putting green.
About American Cruise Lines
American Cruise Lines, the largest U.S. cruise company, operates the newest fleet of riverboats and small cruise ships in America and offers more than 35 unique itineraries along the rivers and inland waterways of the Pacific Northwest, Alaska, the Mississippi River and the U.S. East Coast, from Maine to Florida. To learn more about American Cruise Lines, visit www.americancruiselines.com or call 800-814-6880. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/americancruiselines or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/american_cruise
American Cruise Lines
Tel: (203) 453-6800
SOURCE American Cruise Lines