American Culinary Federation National Officers Begin Two-Year Term
Thomas Macrina, CEC, CCA, HGT, AAC, Assumes Presidency
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla., Aug. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Culinary Federation (ACF) installed national officers for the 2013-2015 term July 25, following the 2013 ACF National Convention, July 21-25, in Las Vegas.
Mark Kent, CEC, AAC, chair of the ACF Nominations & Elections Committee, announced the results of the ACF national officer election for the 2013–2015 term July 11. Installation of national officers took place during General Session at the 2013 ACF National Convention July 25, followed by commencement of the 2013-2015 term at the President's Grand Ball. The national officers will serve as the organization's governing body on ACF's board of directors and will oversee the Federation and its subsidiaries, working with ACF national office staff to guide the organization's growth.
National officers for 2013-2015 are:
- President: Thomas "Tom" Macrina, CEC, CCA, HGT, AAC, product specialist manager/executive chef, US Foods, Philadelphia
- Immediate Past President: Michael Ty, CEC, AAC, chef/owner, MT Cuisine LLC, Las Vegas
- Secretary: James "Jim" Taylor, CEC, AAC, ACE, MBA, professor, Columbus State Community College, Columbus, Ohio
- Treasurer: William J. Tillinghast, CEC, AAC, MBA, director of culinary/pastry programs, The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Philadelphia, Philadelphia
- American Academy of Chefs Chair: Stafford DeCambra, CEC, CCE, CCA, AAC, corporate executive chef, PCI Gaming Authority, Atmore, Ala.
- Vice President, Central Region: Kyle Richardson, CEC, CCE, AAC, CHE, ACE, professor of culinary arts, Joliet Junior College, Joliet, Ill.
- Vice President, Northeast Region: George O'Palenick, CEC, CCE, AAC, associate professor, Johnson & Wales University, Providence, R.I.
- Vice President, Southeast Region: Michael Deihl, CEC, CCA, AAC, ACE, executive chef, East Lake Golf Club, Atlanta
- Vice President, Western Region: David Goodwin, CEC, CCA, HGT, AAC, executive chef/director, culinary operations, Culinary Solutions A La Carte, Minden, Nev.
- Member at Large: Douglas Martinides, vice president, food/beverage development, ARAMARK Strategic Assets, Philadelphia
"I am honored to have been chosen by our members to lead ACF for the next two years," said Macrina. "As ACF's national president, I look forward to working with many players throughout the foodservice world to serve those who have embraced careers in the hospitality industry. Together, we can elevate our profession to even greater heights."
The American Culinary Federation, Inc. (ACF), established in 1929, is the premier professional organization for culinarians in North America. With more than 20,000 members spanning 200 chapters nationwide, ACF is the culinary leader in offering educational resources, training, apprenticeship and programmatic accreditation. In addition, ACF operates the most comprehensive certification program for chefs in the United States, with the Certified Executive Chef®, Certified Sous Chef® and Certified Executive Pastry Chef® designations the only culinary credentials accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies. ACF is home to ACF Culinary Team USA, the official representative for the United States in major international culinary competitions, and to the Chef & Child Foundation, founded in 1989 to promote proper nutrition in children and to combat childhood obesity. For more information, visit www.acfchefs.org. Find ACF on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ACFChefs and on Twitter @ACFChefs.
SOURCE The American Culinary Federation, Inc.
More by this Source
American Culinary Federation to Unveil New Logo as it Commemorates 85 Years
Dec 03, 2013, 11:10 ET
U.S. Receives Gold at Dubai World Hospitality Championship 2013
Dec 02, 2013, 16:41 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.