ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla., Dec. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- American Culinary Federation, Inc. (ACF) National President Thomas Macrina, CEC, CCA, HGT, AAC, has announced that the organization will unveil a new logo Jan. 6, 2014.
As ACF approaches its 85th anniversary in 2014, the new logo underscores the organization's commitment to growth and transformation, and to innovation in the culinary world. The ACF Board of Directors, comprised of 10 members, engaged in a nearly five-month process to redesign and update the ACF logo. Macrina played an integral role in directing the redesign before the ACF Board of Directors made its final selection. The new logo will create a more cohesive look and stronger brand recognition for all entities of the organization while drawing on the legacy of the current logo.
The new logo will be officially unveiled Jan. 6 at 1 p.m. EST via a video message in which Macrina will discuss in-depth the organization's vision moving forward, of which the logo is a significant element. The message will play at http://www.acfchefs.org/PresidentsVideoMessage.
Members of the ACF Board of Directors are:
- President: Thomas "Tom" Macrina, CEC, CCA, HGT, AAC, product specialist manager/executive chef, Food Fanatics™ chef, US Foods, Philadelphia
- Immediate Past President: Michael Ty, CEC, AAC, chef/owner, MT Cuisine LLC, Las Vegas
- Secretary: James "Jim" Taylor, CEC, AAC, ACE, MBA, professor, Columbus State Community College, Columbus, Ohio
- Treasurer: William J. Tillinghast, CEC, AAC, MBA, academic director of culinary arts, The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Philadelphia, Philadelphia
- American Academy of Chefs Chair: Stafford DeCambra, CEC, CCE, CCA, AAC, corporate executive chef, PCI Gaming Authority, Atmore, Ala.
- Vice President, Central Region: Kyle Richardson, CEC, CCE, AAC, CHE, professor of culinary arts, Joliet Junior College, Joliet, Ill.
- Vice President, Northeast Region: George O'Palenick, CEC, CCE, AAC, associate professor, Johnson & Wales University, Providence, R.I.
- Vice President, Southeast Region: Michael Deihl, CEC, CCA, AAC, executive chef, East Lake Golf Club, Atlanta
- Vice President, Western Region: David Goodwin, CEC, CCA, HGT, AAC, executive chef/director, culinary operations, Culinary Solutions A La Carte, Minden, Nev.
- Member at Large: Douglas Martinides, vice president of culinary development, ARAMARK, Philadelphia
About the American Culinary Federation
The American Culinary Federation, Inc. (ACF), established in 1929, is the premier professional organization for culinarians in North America. With more than 20,000 members spanning 200 chapters nationwide, ACF is the culinary leader in offering educational resources, training, apprenticeship and programmatic accreditation. In addition, ACF operates the most comprehensive certification program for chefs in the United States, with the Certified Executive Chef®, Certified Sous Chef® and Certified Executive Pastry Chef® designations the only culinary credentials accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies. ACF is home to ACF Culinary Team USA, the official representative for the United States in major international culinary competitions, and to the Chef & Child Foundation, founded in 1989 to promote proper nutrition in children and to combat childhood obesity. For more information, visit www.acfchefs.org. Find ACF on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ACFChefs and on Twitter @ACFChefs.
Patricia Carroll, Director of Communications
(904) 484-0247, email@example.com
Sarah Howard, Communications Manager
(904) 484-0213, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE The American Culinary Federation, Inc.