ALPHARETTA, Ga., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- American Seniors Association Holding Group, Inc. (AMSA) today formally announced it has launched American Seniors Advocates, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit. American Seniors Advocates will be the Washington voice for the company's members and all seniors who support responsible conservative policies on Medicare, Social Security, tax reform and government spending.
The nonprofit will remain closely allied with the American Seniors Association, an organization with almost 5 million members. American Seniors Advocates is dedicated to representing seniors' interests in the halls of Congress, the White House, before the media and public agencies that administer programs that impact senior's lives.
The paring of American Seniors Advocates and American Seniors Association creates the only direct national competitor to AARP as it is now able to offer conservative Washington advocacy and an array of insurance products and services for the seniors market.
"The nation's seniors need a choice in selecting who best represents their interest in Washington," said Randy Lewis, President of American Seniors Advocates. With the impending reform of Medicare and Social Security, it will be critical that conservatives – both current seniors and future seniors – have an organization that speaks out for their values and interests. With American Seniors, they have a choice and a voice."
American Seniors Advocates will advocate for policies and programs that secure and protect Social Security and Medicare for today's seniors while advocating their re-development into financially-sound, free-market based choices and options for future generations.
"American Seniors is proud to create this important new voice for our members and conservative seniors across the nation," said Phil Kent, President of American Seniors Association. "Our membership will now have a strong voice in Washington, and both the Association and the Advocates will play a vital role in growing this organization and the voice of conservative seniors across our country."
American Seniors Advocates will be guided by five foundations:
- Rebuild National Values Respecting America's seniors – America's seniors have made contributions throughout their lives, building families and enhancing the quality of American life. American Seniors Advocates is committed to advocating national values and public policies for them that respect their independence and individual choices.
- Secure the Promise of Social Security – There should be no doubt that promises to American seniors must be kept. American Seniors Advocates will advocate for policies that secure and protect Social Security for today's seniors while providing new free-market choices and options for future generations.
- Secure the Promise of Medicare – Medicare is vital to the health and security of American seniors and should be reformed to provide American seniors with health security and the ability to choose from free-market options that meet their individual needs and life choices.
- Reform the Tax Code – The nation's income tax system is a significant contributor to insecurity for all our citizens, especially American seniors, and must be simplified to encourage all Americans of every age to save and invest for their senior years.
- Control Government Overspending – American seniors should not be burdened with a national debt that will endanger their future or the future lives of their children and grandchildren. When our government is consistently spending more than takes it in, and debt service becomes the nation's largest budget item, there is no security for American seniors, for workers or for anyone who ever hopes to retire. American Seniors Advocates will advocate for sound fiscal policies that control government spending and ensure a bright, secure future for all our citizens.
"For too long, seniors have been manipulated and abused by Washington politicians, AARP and liberals who see seniors as little more than a controllable voting bloc," said Lewis. "It is time to free the nation's seniors from those who do nothing but violate their trust."
About American Seniors Advocates
American Seniors Advocates is committed to protecting the financial and medical security of the nation's current and future seniors through responsible policies that give them choices to pursue healthier, wealthier lives. www.AmericanSeniorsAdvocates.org
About American Seniors Association
American Seniors is committed to making sure that America's seniors have the choices, information, and services they need to live healthier, wealthier lives. American Seniors provides its members with access to Medicare insurance, auto insurance, prescription discounts, travel and auto club services and other benefits that enhance their quality of life. To learn more, visit www.americanseniors.org.
Safe Harbor Statement
Information in this news release may contain statements about future expectations, plans, prospects or performance of American Seniors Association Holding Group, Inc. that constitute forward-looking statements for purposes of the Safe Harbor Provisions under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The words or phrases "can be", "expects", "may affect", "believed", "estimate", "project" and similar words and phrases are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. American Seniors Association Holding Group, Inc. cautions you that any forward-looking information provided by or on behalf of American Seniors Association Holding Group, Inc. is not a guarantee of future performance. None of the information in this press release constitutes or is intended as an offer to sell securities or investment advice of any kind. American Seniors Association Holding Group, Inc.'s actual results may differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, some of which are beyond American Seniors Association Holding Group, Inc.'s control. In addition to those discussed in American Seniors Association Holding Group, Inc.'s press releases, public filings, and statements by American Seniors Association Holding Group, Inc.'s management, including, but not limited to, American Seniors Association Holding Group, Inc.'s estimate of the sufficiency of its existing capital resources, American Seniors Association Holding Group, Inc.'s ability to raise additional capital to fund future operations, American Seniors Association Holding Group, Inc.'s ability to repay its existing indebtedness, the uncertainties involved in estimating market opportunities, and in identifying contracts which match American Seniors Association Holding Group, Inc.'s capability to be awarded contracts. All such forward-looking statements are current only as of the date on which such statements were made. American Seniors Association Holding Group, Inc. does not undertake any obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date on which any such statement is made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
Contact: Randy Lewis, American Seniors
(404) 843-8228, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE American Seniors Advocates