ORLANDO, Fla., Jan. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- INTERNATIONAL BUILDERS' SHOW -- With the number of aging homeowners on the rise and multigenerational households becoming commonplace, American Standard Brands is showcasing its safe and accessible solutions at the 2011 International Builders' Show.
"Tomorrow's homes and building products will help people enjoy their homes longer and accommodate residents of all ages and abilities along the way," says Jeannette Long, American Standard chief marketing officer.
Starting this month, more than 10,000 baby boomers will turn 65 every day for the next 19 years – a trend that has not been lost on the building industry.
"The boomers, who in their youth revolutionized everything from music to race relations, are set to redefine the universal design and accessibility of our homes," says Long. "Just as the green design movement has galvanized the nation's conscious on environmental sustainability, universal design principles help advance social sustainability."
At exhibition booth number W-763, American Standard will highlight a number of these universal design solutions:
- Products that provide a safe and independent shower opportunity, such as the Seated Safety Shower™, the first seated shower designed for universal access, including the elderly and disabled.
- Single-lever handles that control both water volume and temperature, such as the water efficient Portsmouth™ Bathroom Collection from American Standard, which offers 10 different single-handle and two-handle combinations.
- Walk-in Baths with ease of entry, ergonomic seats and privacy. American Standard walk-in baths employ innovative technologies such as a patented door system technology guaranteed not to leak for life, and fast water removal with the patent pending Quick Drain™ feature. All can be customized with advanced hydrotherapy options.
- Faucets that pivot, pulldown or pullout to facilitate easy rinsing of hard-to-reach areas such as the Berwick™ Widespread Bath Faucet from American Standard, which features an innovative swivel spout that rotates from left to right smoothly and effortlessly.
- Modular fixtures and furnishings that can be mixed or matched such as the Porcher Solutions™ Collection that brings flexibility to the modern bathroom.
"Safe and accessible solutions from American Standard include everything from innovative pullout sprays and hand showers that allow users to bathe while seated, to lowering thresholds to accommodate people with limited mobility to basic anti-scald devices," says Long. "Most important, high performance and high style go hand-in-hand with our collections. You never have to compromise style and beauty to create a safe and universally accessible bathroom space."
ABOUT AMERICAN STANDARD BRANDS
American Standard Brands is a leading North American manufacturer of a wide range of high-quality building products, including faucets, fixtures, furniture, vitreous china fixtures, cast iron sinks, whirlpool tubs and other wellness products for the bath and kitchen as well as decorative panels. The company currently offers total project solutions for residential and commercial customers; employs more than 5,000 people in the United States, Canada and Mexico; and markets products under well known and respected brands, such as American Standard®, Jado®, Porcher®, Safety Tubs®, Crane®, Eljer®, Fiat® and Decorative Panels International®. American Standard Brands is an affiliated portfolio company of Sun Capital Partners. For more information, visit www.americanstandard.com.
For more information:
O'Reilly/DePalma for American Standard
IBS Booth W-763
SOURCE American Standard Brands