Americans Would Rather Give Up Cell Phones and TV than Cheese
Kraft Fresh Take launches survey and more than 600-stop tour, creating consumer experiences that leverage social activity, mobile and sampling
GLENVIEW, Ill., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Would you like cheese with that? According to a recent survey, 96 percent of Americans are cheese eaters and most of them would rather be stripped of connectivity than having this favorite food staple removed from their diet. So, to celebrate this unprecedented love of cheese, Kraft is hitting the streets with the Fresh Take Fresh Possibilities Tour. A journey of four food trucks and more than 600 stops, the tour has one mission: bringing mealtime inspiration and Kraft Fresh Take, a flavorful blend of natural cheeses, spices and breadcrumbs, to the people.
"For many at-home chefs, great tasting food means lengthy prep time, an overwhelming cleanup and sometimes a dish that just doesn't leave anyone asking for seconds," said Jennifer Manning, Kraft Kitchens. "To help minimize kitchen frustrations, Kraft created Fresh Take, which requires minimal prep time and virtually no cleanup, making it easier than ever to create delicious entrees, appetizers and sides."
To help kick-off the Fresh Possibilities Tour, better inform the tour and help address real-life kitchen frustrations, Kraft Fresh Take asked Americans a series of questions ranging from cheese to technology:
- Cheese Reigns Supreme: 57 percent would go to some length to keep cheese in their diet including ditching cell phones for a week (36 percent) and not watching TV for a month (23 percent)
- Eat, Drink and Post: Americans are snapping photos or sharing on social networks like Facebook (51 percent), Twitter (21 percent), Instagram (17 percent), Pinterest (13 percent) and foursquare® (9 percent) while eating
- Cooking up a Storm: More than four in five (82 percent) Americans are personally preparing meals at-home at least half of the time, if not always. And, of those at-home cooks, 83 percent are likely to get frustrated when cooking; most name time (51 percent) and cleanup (58 percent) as things they would find frustrating
- A Case of the Mondays: Almost two in five (39 percent) respondents say they most dread making meals at home on Monday and another 39 percent feel the same way about Friday
- Hometown Proud: Americans are loud and proud when associating food with their community – 63 percent of Midwesterners associate burgers with their region; 53 percent of Westerners feel this way about tacos; Southerners believe that seafood (36 percent) is their most representative local dish while Northeasterners identify pasta as their area's dish of choice (40 percent)
Fresh Take is available in nine varieties and requires little prep time and virtually no cleanup. Used to prepare entrees, appetizers and sides, at-home cooks are using it to make everything from Cheesy Artichoke Dip to Twice-Baked Cheesy Potatoes, Crispy Stuffed Shells, Parmesan Roasted Tomatoes and Four Cheese Stuffed Meatballs.
Now consumers can experience Fresh Take's flavor and versatility firsthand. The Fresh Possibilities Tour will visit major retailers around the country, including Ahold, HEB, Kroger, Meijer, Publix, Walmart and more now through July. Visit www.tryfreshtake.com to find out more about the tour, see and share photos or videos about how you and others are using Fresh Take, or take a peek at the tour map to understand how flavors are trending around the country. And, if it's mouth-watering recipes you are in search of, check out: www.kraftfreshtake.com.
ABOUT KRAFT FOODS GROUP
Kraft Foods Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: KRFT) is North America's fourth largest consumer packaged food and beverage company, with revenues of approximately $18 billion in 2012. Launched as a public and independent company on Oct. 1, 2012, the new Kraft has the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse. The company has an unrivaled portfolio of products in the beverages, cheese, refrigerated meals and grocery categories. Its iconic brands include Kraft, Maxwell House, Oscar Mayer, Planters and JELL-O. Kraft's 25,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada have a passion for making the foods and beverages people love. Kraft Foods Group is a member of the Standard & Poor's 500 index. For more information, visit www.kraft.com and www.facebook.com/kraft.
*Survey of 1,071 nationally representative Americans, ages 18 and older, conducted by Kelton on behalf of Kraft Fresh Take. Options were rotated to avoid favorability.
SOURCE Kraft Foods Group, Inc.
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.