America's Favorite Cheese Brand Celebrates 100 Years By Inviting Cheese Fans To Unleash Their Passion For The Good Stuff
Country Star Brad Paisley Joins Kraft in Summer-Long Celebration of Cheesy Goodness
NORTHFIELD, Ill., May 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In celebration of its 100th anniversary of cheese-making, Kraft is unleashing America's love of cheese through an integrated marketing program aptly titled, "For the Love of Cheese." The campaign celebrates consumers' excitement around iconic Kraft cheese brands 1, such as Kraft Natural Cheese, Kraft Singles, Velveeta®, Cracker Barrel and Philadelphia Cream Cheese, even offering fans a chance to win a lifetime supply of cheese and other great prizes.
"Kraft has a rich heritage in cheese-making dating back 100 years, and our storied history is rooted in this country's passion for cheese," said George Zoghbi, President of Kraft's Cheese & Dairy business." We are devoted to delivering quality products that fulfill America's ever-changing, but never wavering, love of cheese. With this program, we are asking our fans to shout from the rooftops with us in professing our mutual love of all things cheese."
Kraft also enrolled a friend—country music superstar and self-proclaimed cheese-lover, Brad Paisley—to help spread the cheese love across the country. The company is sponsoring his 2014 World Tour which kicks off in Philadelphia on May 16. Concert-going fans can show their love of cheese in a variety of fun and engaging ways, including the opportunity to take part in Kraft's "Cheese-loving Karaoke," where fans can sing along to some of Paisley's biggest hits, including his current single River Bank, and then share their music video on social networks.
Paisley also co-created and co-directed humorous videos in collaboration with Kraft to show what he would do For the Love of Cheese. Meanwhile, all cheese and country music fans will see Brad Paisley and "For the Love of Cheese" pop up on signage and promotional displays in more than 25,000 grocery stores nationwide. Paisley and the promotion will also be carried on more than 4 million Velveeta® packages.
Additionally, to kick-off the campaign, Paisley will showcase his colossal love of cheese on NBC's "Late Night with Seth Meyers" on May 14 (12:35 a.m. ET on NBC). The live advertisement also will be promoted via the "Late Night with Seth Meyers" website and Kraft's social media platforms.
Fans of Brad Paisley and Kraft cheese brands can watch the Brad and Kraft co-created videos and learn more about "For the Love of Cheese" at www.fortheloveofcheese.com. There, they can enter into the national sweepstakes for a chance to win a lifetime of cheese and a VIP Brad Paisley concert experience, find Paisley's cheesy recipe favorites, and more. Fans can also earn a bonus sweepstakes entry by tweeting about what they would do for their love of cheese and using the hashtag #fortheloveofcheese, after they enter the sweepstakes online.
Over the past century, Kraft has offered a variety of options to meet the ever-changing desires of America's cheese lovers.
- Giving Them What They Love: Kraft Natural Cheese offers Americans a variety of cuts and flavors for every recipe and meal occasion. For those who love cheese—no matter if its sliced, shredded or off the block—only Kraft brings out the best flavor in each cheese because it sources the best from American dairy farms. And the growing line of fiery flavors is guaranteed to add that kick of spicy, smoky flavor Americans are increasingly looking for.
- Even More Reasons to Love Breakfast: Fans of Philadelphia saw its most popular cream cheese spreads, including Strawberry, Blueberry, Garden Vegetable and Chive & Onion, enhanced with even more real fruits and vegetables, such as whole, juicy blueberries, vine-ripened strawberries, and diced carrots, red peppers and onions. These, and 16 other spread varieties of America's best-selling cream cheese brand, also boast no artificial flavors.
- Award-Winning Love 2: Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp cheddar is known for its distinctively rich, full flavor, made using cream for extra smoothness with a unique aging process for bold sharpness. Over the years, the award-winning brand has taken home more than 250 awards at regional, national and international levels for its distinctive quality. In March, Cracker Barrel Sharp Cheddar beat out artisanal cheeses from around the world and earned top honors at the World Championship Cheese Contest® held in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Americans Love Kraft Singles3: Earlier this year, Kraft launched Kraft Singles with No Artificial Preservatives, a welcomed renovation that removed artificial preservatives from the product—which is always made with real cheese, milk and has no artificial flavors—while still delivering the same quality, taste, look and melt fans love.
- Loving the Liquid Gold: Velveeta makes any dish richer with its melty, creamy and one-of-a kind cheesy taste. The brand recently launched Velveeta Cheese Sauce in original, Jalapeno and Queso Blanco flavors—giving Velveeta-lovers even more convenient ways to enjoy Liquid Gold.
ABOUT KRAFT FOODS GROUP
Kraft Foods Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: KRFT) is one of North America's largest consumer packaged food and beverage companies, with annual revenues of more than $18 billion. With the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse, Kraft has an unrivaled portfolio of products in the beverages, cheese, refrigerated meals and grocery categories. The company's iconic brands include Kraft, Capri Sun, JELL-O, Kool-Aid, Lunchables, Maxwell House, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia, Planters and Velveeta. Kraft's 22,500 employees in the U.S. and Canada have a passion for making the foods and beverages people love. Kraft is a member of the Standard & Poor's 500 and the NASDAQ-100 indices. For more information, visit www.kraftfoodsgroup.com and www.facebook.com/kraft.
ABOUT BRAD PAISLEY
Paisley is a critically acclaimed singer, songwriter, guitarist and entertainer, which has earned him numerous awards including three GRAMMYs, 14 Academy of Country Music Awards, 14 Country Music Association Awards, as well as three awards from ASCAP as Country Music Songwriter/Artist of the Year. He is also a proud member of the Grand Ole Opry, having been inducted in 2001. Since his first #1 single in 1999, Paisley has placed 22 singles at the top of the charts. His current single, "River Bank," is from his forthcoming album and scored a career-high opening week at radio. Visit www.bradpaisley.com for more information.
- Nielsen. Market: Total US xAOC. Period: Latest 52, W/E 04/26/14. Product Share: Cheese
- Nielsen. Market: Total US xAOC. Period: Latest 52, W/E 04/26/14. Product Share: Natural Cheese
- Nielsen. Market: Total US xAOC. Period: Latest 52, W/E 06/03/13. Product Share: Kraft Singles
SOURCE Kraft Foods