RIO DE JANEIRO, March 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Amil Participacoes S.A. (BM&FBovespa: AMIL3; Bloomberg: AMIL3 BZ; Reuters: AMIL3.SA), the largest healthcare operator in Brazil, announces today its consolidated results for December 31, 2011, in accordance with Brazilian corporate law and the ANS account chart. Since December 2010, Amilpar's consolidated financial statements have included the new accounting rules aligning Brazilian corporate law with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). As a result, the figures of previous periods may present variations in relation to the figures already published.
- Total MEMBERSHIP stood at 5,820.5 thousand at the end of December 2011, 9.6% up on the 4Q10 and 2.1% higher than in the 3Q11.
- ADJUSTED OPERATING REVENUES totaled R$ 2,521.1 million in the 4Q11, 22.5% up year-on-year and 6.8% more than the previous quarter. In 2011 operating revenues amounted to R$ 9,274.6 million, 18.6% up on 2010.
- The 4Q11 MEDICAL LOSS RATIO came to 71.2%, 0.3 p.p. down on the 4Q10 and 1.4 p.p. less than in the 3Q11, while the annual ratio stood at 71.3%, 1.1 p.p. lower than in 2010.
- Adjusted EBITDA was R$ 227.8 million (with a margin of 9.0%) in the 4Q11, 29.3% higher than in the 4Q10, and R$ 793.0 million (with a margin of 8.6%) in 2011, 30.9% up on the same period of 2010.
- ADJUSTED NET INCOME totaled R$ 83.5 million in the 4Q11, 50.7% higher than the same period in the previous year. In 2011, Adjusted Net Income came to R$ 293.7 million, 33.6% up on 2010.
To access the Earnings Release full version visit our website at www.amilpar.com.br/ir
NEXT EVENTS: CONFERENCE CALLS
03.13.2012 | 10:00 AM NY (11:00 AM Brasilia)
Phone: +1 (412) 317-6776 | Code: Amilpar
03.13.2012 | 1:00 PM NY (2:00 PM Brasilia)
Phone: +55 (11) 3127-4971 | Code: Amilpar
Amil Participacoes S.A. is the largest healthcare organization in Brazil, according to the ANS, currently assisting over 5.8 million members in the states of Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Parana, Minas Gerais, Pernambuco, Bahia, Rio Grande do Norte and the Distrito Federal.
SOURCE Amil Participacoes S.A.