ENDICOTT, N.Y., Nov. 18. 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Amphenol Cables on Demand (www.CablesOnDemand.com), an online subsidiary of interconnect-industry leader, Amphenol Corporation, proudly announces the launch of its new 10-Gigabit (10GBASE-SR) SFP+ Multimode Optical Transceiver Modules. This precision-engineered 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Optical Module is available exclusively from Amphenol Cables on Demand for as low as $76.95 per module.
Optical Transceiver Modules for SFP+ applications are the logical evolution to Amphenol's popular copper line-up of Active and Passive SFP+ Direct Attach Cable Assemblies, according to Nick Blas, Cables on Demand Product Manager. "With millions of Amphenol brand Passive Copper Cables deployed worldwide for SFP+ applications, there's no doubt that copper dominates the majority of the SFP+ interconnect market today." Blas notes that despite SFP+ copper's popularity, some design limitations, such as maximum link distance and cable management, are best remedied by switching to an optical SFP+ interconnect solution.
Amphenol Cables on Demand addressed all of these aforementioned design limitations by releasing its new 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Optical Modules. While nearly identical to copper SFP+ visually, the SFP+ optical module's advanced integrated circuitry automatically converts the SFP+ port's default electrical interface to optical, amplifying the resulting optical signal with an efficient VCSEL laser driver and terminated to an integrated duplex LC connector on the rear of the module.
In order to ensure compatibility with your SFP+ switch or host bus adapter (HBA), Amphenol SFP+ Optical Transceiver Modules are subjected to intensive OEM-specific compliance testing so that they may be used as compatible drop-in replacements for their OEM SFP+ optical module counterparts. A complete SFP+ module cross-reference compatibility chart is appended to this press release and key product specs are provided below:
- 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Multimode Optical Transceiver Module by Amphenol
- 850nm VCSEL Supports 10GbE Data-Rates up to 300m with OM3 Fiber
- SFP+ 20-pin board-as-connector interface with EMI cage (SFF-8431)
- Featuring an integrated duplex LC fiber optic connector on rear of module
- Compatible with nearly all SFP+ ports as well as OM1/OM2/OM3 fiber
- Cross references with SFP+ modules from the most popular OEMs
- Improved Pluggable Form Factor (IPF) for enhanced EMI/RFI performance
- Supports data rates up to 11.3 Gigabits per second (8x Fibre Channel)
- IEEE802.3ae 10GBASE-SW/SR compliant (10-Gigabit Ethernet)
- 300m (984-ft) max link distance with OM3 50/125 fiber
- High-reliability with low power consumption (800mW max)
- Easy push-to-release design for quick module removal
- Fully SFP+ MSA compliant as per SFF-8431 standards
- Includes 3-year warranty for peace of mind
Amphenol Cables on Demand, launched in 2006, is a division of Amphenol Corporation; a leading global interconnect manufacturer. It is Amphenol's first e-commerce-based subsidiary specially optimized for the resale of Amphenol brand cable products online. Based in Endicott, NY, Amphenol Cables on Demand offers same-day shipping before 3:00 PM Eastern on 2,500+ unique products supporting multiple applications including Network, Broadcast, Test/Instrumentation, Audio/Video, Data Storage, Clustered-Computing, Prototyping, Automation, Wireless and beyond.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/amphenol-unveils-new-oem-certified-10g-sfp-optical-transceiver-modules-10gbase-sr-multimode-for-10gbe-sfp-optical-data-links-up-to-300m-984-300180826.html
SOURCE Amphenol Cables on Demand