Live network data from AMS-IX empowers customers to optimize their own connectivity based on traffic, performance, price, and other variables
MONTREAL, Oct. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ - For AMS-IX, network performance transparency and service level agreement (SLA) assurance recently reached a new milestone. The Dutch IP traffic exchange platform—located in Amsterdam and used by large ISPs, fixed and mobile operators, content providers and other communications companies across the world—is now able to publicly publish its own connectivity performance. This transparency is made possible using technology from Accedian, the end-to-end network performance experts, to monitor and measure the performance of the AMS-IX IP network.
AMS-IX is using Accedian's solution to provide customers with service level agreement (SLA) reports and real-time statistics, through a web-based portal. This empowers users of the traffic exchange to check if their SLAs are being met, and to verify reliability of the platform.
See the AMS-IX stats in action on their live feed (shows actual values from a single measurement—selected by the user—refreshed every 5 seconds or 1 minute for frame loss), and visit Accedian's Web Library to learn more about the performance assurance technology that supports this capability.
- After conducting an extensive research study into methods of measuring performance of an IP-based exchange network, AMS-IX used Accedian's solution to measure and report on the performance of their network.
- AMS-IX has a reputation for transparency, supported by its ability to publish network performance in real-time, underlining their exceptional SLAs.
- The SLA-backed interconnect services AMS-IX provides are becoming increasingly critical to their customers—who include direct connection and preferred-peering-to-cloud providers.
- The Accedian solution continuously measures detailed network performance, including microsecond-precise latency, packet loss, and link capacity.
- Uniquely, Accedian's integrated monitoring measures metrics in each direction, with microsecond accuracy. Exchange interconnects only cover short distances; therefore measuring their performance in milliseconds would not be sufficient to differentiate specific connections, or detect at an early stage any issues affecting performance.
"Enterprises' connectivity needs are continually expanding and evolving, and IT infrastructure is increasingly cloud-based today. Direct connections and peering between enterprises and cloud providers are also more vital than ever for access to critical applications, and for wider business performance as well. Accedian's real-time monitoring solutions give us in-depth visibility of how our network is performing, which allows us to be completely transparent with our customers. This level of visibility and control is a significant reason why AMS-IX is an interconnect leader."
—Henk Steenman, CTO at AMS-IX
"Accedian has a long-standing relationship with AMS-IX. Increasing numbers of service providers are choosing exchange structures like AMS-IX to manage their data traffic, in order to reduce latency and improve the quality of their service to customers. Our ongoing work with exchanges like AMS-IX sets the standard for reporting and reliability for performance-oriented network services and peering arrangements."
—Keith Donahue, VP Product Management and Marketing at Accedian
- AMS-IX Real-Time Stats: https://ams-ix.net/technical/statistics/real-time-stats
- Accedian Web Page: https://accedian.com/service-providers/overview/
Share the Story
- Click to share on Twitter: @AMS_IX customers use live data to check network performance. Enabled by @Accedian performance assurance solution. ow.ly/BHHU304V1rM
Accedian delivers exceptional end-to-end network performance visibility, for control over the best possible user experience. Accedian generates actionable insights for peak reliability and quality of service (QoS), and enables providers to overcome escalating network complexity, increase agility, and reduce cost. In addition, Accedian proactively ensures maximum uptime for peak quality of experience (QoE). Since 2005, Accedian has turned performance into a key competitive differentiator for hundreds of thousands of networks globally. Accedian.com Twitter: @Accedian
Established in the early 1990s, AMS-IX (Amsterdam Internet Exchange) is a neutral, non-profit and independent Internet Exchange based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Business Internet traffic at AMS-IX has a peak of close to 5 Terabits per second (Tbps) and it interconnects around 800 IP networks, making it the largest Internet Exchange in the world.
The AMS-IX platform provides IP interconnection and peering services of a guaranteed high quality for all types of IP traffic, irrespective whether this is traditional data, Voice over IP, mobile Internet traffic or video. By means of peering, these networks can provide their end users (both consumers as well as companies) with stable, fast and cost-efficient Internet services.
AMS-IX also manages the world's first mobile peering points: The Global GPRS Roaming Exchange (GRX), the Mobile Data Exchange (MDX) and the IPX interconnection points. Furthermore, AMS-IX manages two additional Internet Exchanges abroad: AMS-IX Hong Kong and AMS-IX Caribbean on Curaçao. AMS-IX's subsidiary company AMS-IX USA Inc. manages AMS-IX Bay Area, AMS-IX Chicago and AMS-IX New York in the United States. ams-ix.net Twitter: @AMS_IX
SOURCE Accedian Networks Inc.