Amscot Financial contributes mini-grants to 13 non-profit service organizations
TAMPA, Fla., Aug. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Amscot Financial, a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, recently made mini-grants of $100 to $500 to 13 non-profit service organizations in the Florida communities it serves. The grants went to:
- Arche Legacy , Hudson. Arche Legacy helps disadvantaged teens become responsible young adults by helping them transition from their current environment into social independence. The organization's objective is to offer support, resource assistance, career guidance, training for life skills and other useful information. It encourages success, inspires confidence and promotes individual self awareness through shared experiences, communication, achievements and referrals. For more information, please visit: http://archelegacy.org.
- Kids Charity of Tampa Bay, Inc., Tampa. Kids Charity is a non-profit organization of concerned individuals whose mission is to improve the quality of life for foster children and foster families. Each year, the group partners with members of the community to purchase school supplies for children in foster care. For more information, please visit http://www.kidscharitytb.org.
- T.I.M. Works , Orlando. T.I.M. stands for "Tomorrow's Investments Matter." This organization seeks to have a positive impact on young women who normally would not have access to the education, cultural and professional outlets that are available to others in Central Florida. The group invests time, energy, professional skills and education into inner-city young women attending Orange County Public Schools. For more information, please visit: http://apinkypromise.net.
- PACE Center for Girls, Pinellas Park. The PACE Center for Girls is a year-round day-treatment program for at-risk girls aged 11 to 17. Its mission is to provide girls with a better future through education, counseling, training and advocacy. Approximately 60 girls attend the center Monday through Friday for academics and counseling. Among the goals are to help girls recover lost school credits and return to their mainstream schools. For more information, please visit http://pacecenter.org/pinellas.
- Greater Melbourne Police Athletic League, Melbourne. The Melbourne PAL provides multiple programs to over 1,000 youth of Melbourne, supervised by more than 100 coaches and volunteers. Programs include, basketball, football, tennis, softball, boxing, volleyball and cheerleading and dance. Many of its young athletes have moved on to the college and professional ranks in football, basketball, baseball, and track and field. For more information, please visit: http://melbournepal.org.
- Wholesome Communities Ministry, Wimauma. For the past three years, this non-denominational church has held a back-to-school fair. The event helps members of the east Hillsborough County community connect with health and social-service providers. The church is using donations to purchase school supplies. For more information, please visit http://www.wcmag.org.
- Greater Mount Carmel Development Corp., Tampa. This Hillsborough County organization provides a summer camp program for at-risk youth in Tampa whose parents can't afford traditional summer camp fees.
- Huge Dreams Foundation, Inc., Tampa. Huge Dreams Foundation Inc. is a nonprofit organization focused on raising money and awareness for children victimized by crime. For more information, please visit www.hdfi.org.
- Valencia Lakes West Women's Club, Wimauma. The club is holding a 5K walk in its community to raise money for the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. For more information, please visit http://www.vlwomensclub.com.
- Current of Tampa Bay, Tampa. This organization's Laundry Love project seeks to empower communities one load of laundry at a time. It assists low-income families and individuals with a basic need: washing their clothes and bed linens. Volunteers from Current pay for laundry fees, visit with participants and help entertain their children while the laundry is being done in local laundromats. For more information, please visit http://www.engagethecurrent.org.
- Florida Medical Clinic Foundation, Zephyrhills. The Florida Medical Clinic Foundation of Caring is unique in that it does not use donated funds to support or enhance Florida Medical Clinic activities, but instead strategically re-invests back into local communities through qualified non-profit organizations. The Foundation reaches out to local communities through professional expertise, financial support and volunteer efforts. For more information, please visit http://www.fmcfoundationofcaring.org.
- Tampa Bay Black Heritage Festival, Tampa. The TBBHF is a 10-day event held every January that benefits the region by focusing on the local, national and international contributions by people of African heritage. The event seeks to increase diversity awareness and cultural sensitivity. For more information, please visit http://tampablackheritage.org.
- Shiloh Baptist Church , Orlando. This church annually holds a Men's Day Celebration event every July. Funds raised by the event go to supporting the church's community-oriented programs.
About Amscot Financial
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., Amscot Financial is a leading provider of income tax preparation and electronic filing services, refund anticipation loans, prepaid debit cards, check cashing services, cash advance services, bill payment services, money transfer services and money orders through its wholly owned division, Amscot International Money Order Company. Amscot also offers the Amscot Card, a pre-paid debit card that allows owners to make purchases from any location that accepts MasterCard™. Amscot Financial currently operates approximately 200 tax preparation offices and 200 retail financial service centers throughout Florida and employs more than 2,000 people. Amscot Financial has been recognized by the Tampa Bay Business Journal as one of Tampa Bay's Best Places to Work for five years. For additional information, please visit the company's website at www.amscot.com.
SOURCE Amscot Financial
More by this Source
Amscot Financial contributes mini-grants to 20 non-profit service groups
May 10, 2013, 10:24 ET
G ADMarketing Communications tapped by Amscot Financial to lead Hispanic marketing efforts
Mar 18, 2013, 09:15 ET
Amscot Financial contributes mini-grants to eight non-profit service groups
Jan 22, 2013, 12:57 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.