Amway Universal Children's Day Creates a World of Impact On November 20, more than 15,000 people in 57 countries helped 100,000 children
ADA, Mich., Dec. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- During the span of 24 hours on November 20, more than 15,000 Amway business owners and employees mobilized to serve children's causes in their communities. In 57 countries, together they volunteered 35,425 service hours through 304 projects benefitting more than 100,000 children.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131206/DE29241-a )
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131206/DE29241-b )
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131206/DE29241-c )
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131206/DE29241-d )
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110314/DE64745LOGO-a )
The AMWAY ONE BY ONE® Campaign for Children Universal Children's Day was the culmination of activities celebrating the Campaign's 10th anniversary.
"Amway is a people business, and our people live and work in communities all across the world," said Todd Woodward, vice president for Amway brand, public relations and corporate social responsibility. "For one day, we aligned as a global company to make the lives of the children and families in the communities we serve a little better."
Since the AMWAY ONE BY ONE® campaign launched in 2003, its focus has been to assist children in need around the world. In just 10 short years, Amway business owners and employees have impacted the lives of 10 million children, logged 2.7 million volunteer hours, and raised $190 million for programs.
Employees and distributors also chronicled their participation in Amway Universal Children's Day by using the #amwayonebyone. The hashtag populated an Instagram map on www.amwayonebyone.com in real time.
Specific programs on November 20 included:
- Amway Thailand and the Thai Society Foundation collaborated with the Border Patrol Police bureau to donate more than 22,000 winter jackets to underprivileged students in remote schools.
- Amway Colombia, Mexico, Costa Rica and El Salvador organized a home building and renovation project with Habitat for Humanity.
- Amway Japan built a playground for a community house in earthquake-affected regions through its Remember Hope program.
- Amway Russia assisted at multiple child crisis centers across the country.
- The Amway Charity Foundation in China partnered with UNICEF, local education administration authorities, and community partners to educate orphans in 100 communities.
- In the United States, 4,000 Amway World Headquarters employees partnered with 15 nonprofits on 23 separate projects that included the assembly of more than 1,400 bikes and the creation of 10,000 hygiene kits that will provide relief to the victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
About the Amway One by One Campaign for Children
The AMWAY ONE BY ONE® Campaign For Children program rallies the resources of Amway distributors and employees around the world to make a difference in the lives of children in every market in which the company conducts business. Since the AMWAY ONE BY ONE® program launched in 2003, it has provided hope and opportunity to 10 million children and donated $190 million to children's causes worldwide. The number of employee and distributor volunteer hours logged since 2003 totals more than 2.7 million. For information, visit www.amway.com/amwayonebyone.
Alticor / Amway is the world's #1 direct selling business, ranked by 2012 global sales of $11.3 billion in the Direct Selling News Global 100, and based on the efforts of more than 3 million Amway distributors and more than 21,000 employees in more than 100 countries and territories worldwide. Founded in 1959 by entrepreneurs Rich DeVos and Jay Van Andel, and based in Ada, Michigan, U.S., Amway offers consumer products and business opportunities that are supported by a global agribusiness, manufacturing and logistics supply chain. More than 900 scientists, engineers and technical professionals work in 75 R&D and quality assurance labs worldwide to support product development and create a culture of scientific excellence. Top-selling brands for Amway are NUTRILITE® vitamin, mineral and dietary supplements, ARTISTRY® skincare and color cosmetics, and eSpring® water treatment systems. For company news, visit globalnews.amway.com.