Off limits to everyone; limitless to you
TORONTO, June 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, the world's leading luxury hospitality company, today announced Four Seasons Private Island Maldives at Voavah, Baa Atoll, the first private island in the company's portfolio and the world's only exclusive-use UNESCO hideaway located in a World Biosphere Reserve.
Opening in late 2016, this secluded five-acre (two-hectare) oasis transcends the private island experience. "Entirely yours" from the moment of booking, the island's seven bedrooms, Beach House, Dive Centre, Oceans of Consciousness Spa and 62-foot (18.9-metre) yacht extend the spoils of the Maldives' only UNESCO Biosphere Reserve to up to 22 guests on an exclusive basis.
Truly capturing the imagination, Four Seasons Private Island Maldives at Voavah couples legendary care with limitless living. Alongside the Four Seasons Private Jet and the company's array of Extraordinary Experiences, the island showcases the company's commitment to offering the world's most discerning guests the best of a destination, while surrounded by the personalised service and attention to detail that are the hallmarks of Four Seasons.
"Four Seasons Private Island Maldives at Voavah will redefine exclusive luxury, opening as a tropical haven for those who seek an unprecedented experience of private luxury alongside Four Seasons legendary service," said Mike Crawford, President, Asia Pacific. "As the latest addition to our Extraordinary Experiences collection, the island speaks to the company's commitment to perfecting the guest experience and our ability to re-imagine the limits of luxury travel in creative and innovative ways. It's just one of the many ways we're constantly evolving our offerings to deliver the kind of memorable, fully-customised and exclusive experiences our guests want and value."
"At Four Seasons Private Island Maldives at Voavah, guests can design their own experience," commented Armando Kraenzlin, Regional Vice President and General Manager, Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru. "They can treat the island as a space to spend captivating moments with family and friends; a place to play to the extreme and explore to their heart's content; a secluded sanctuary to retreat and spa; the most exclusive VIP venue to celebrate and party; or an inspiring landscape to meet and motivate."
Many experiences – from year-round manta ray sightings to mind-expanding kids' activities – focus on the surrounding UNESCO territory, guided by a team that has already spent a decade protecting it. Indeed, Four Seasons developed Voavah in close coordination with local environmental consultancies to ensure proper maintenance of the balance between man and nature, culture and conservation – in keeping with the prerequisites of the Atoll's UNESCO Biosphere designation.
Voavah days revolve around the double-storey Beach House and adjacent white sands, crystal waters and abundant reef – all exemplary even by Maldivian standards. The Beach House hub offers an open-air living room, dining room, kitchen, pool deck, gym, library and loft lounge, while seven bedrooms span three separate locations: on the beach, over the lagoon or elevated in panoramic Mezzanine Suites.
As are all aspects of Four Seasons Private Island Maldives at Voavah, dining on the island is tailored to the mood of island guests, meal by meal, from poolside to The Beach House dining room, at the water's edge or on a sandbank. A 62-foot (18.9-metre) private yacht – Voavah Summer – invites exploration of a dazzling and undisturbed UNESCO territory. From diving with whale sharks to snorkelling with year-round manta rays, swimming with neighbourhood turtles, fishing for dinner, visiting local islands, surfing unknown breaks and cruising into breathtaking Baa Atoll sunsets, the possibilities on Four Seasons Private Island Maldives at Voavah are endless.
Expanding horizons, The Oceans of Consciousness Spa offers bespoke over-water spa therapies and rituals; yoga, meditation and pranayama classes; high-end beauty treatments; and Rossano Ferretti hair consultant on call.
In the mood for a party? On Voavah, there are no neighbours, no paparazzi and the possibilities are endless. Groups can create one-of-a-kind birthday surprises and celebrations, fly in big name acts or create their own mini music festival or beach party, all perfected with a sprinkling of Voavah magic.
The island is accessible via a 40-minute seaplane transfer from Malé International Airport, or a 20-minute speedboat ride from Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru. Four Seasons Private Island Maldives at Voavah will be the fourth addition to the company's Maldives collection, including Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, and Four Seasons Explorer.
The experience of Four Seasons Private Island Maldives at Voavah will set the benchmark for private island travel, both due to the transfixing natural beauty of the island and the highly bespoke, privacy-protected service that epitomises Four Seasons. It is the very definition of an Extraordinary Experience. Such offerings invite travellers to see the world differently, with a level of access that is otherwise unavailable. The current collection of Four Seasons Extraordinary Experiences includes a wide range of unforgettable options, including those in:
- Maui – Guests will soar by helicopter above towering waterfalls, rainforested peaks and a dormant volcano before touching down on Hana Ranch for a private tour and foraging expedition through the working ranch and organic farm. Guests will then enjoy a private lunch prepared by Four Seasons Executive Chef Craig Dryhurst and Hana Ranch's Chef Jon Watson featuring ingredients freshly picked from the farm.
- San Diego – Armed with a waterproof camera and wetsuit, guests will capture the beauty of coastal California from sea to sky through an underwater photography expedition with Aaron Chang, considered by many to be the creator of modern surf and ocean photography. Following a morning of diving, guests will join Chang in a helicopter tour above the San Diego coastline to capture the perfect aerial shot of the breaking shore.
- Cairo at Nile Plaza – Guests will relive the 7,000-year history of Egypt and the Pharaonic Empire by enjoying a spectacular sound and light show of the Pyramids at night. Narration and light displays will bring the history and mystery of the Egyptian empire to life, recounting the legends of ancient Pharaohs and the majestic Sphinx. Set against the backdrop of the Great Pyramid, guests will then enjoy a private dinner under the stars while listening to the gorgeous strains of the private Cairo Symphony Orchestra.
- Cap-Ferrat – Guests will enjoy a private tour of Villa Santo Sospir, the legendary French Riviera estate that formerly belonged to socialite Francine Weisweiller and was once the favourite gathering place for celebrities, writers and artists such as Coco Chanel, Marlene Dietrich and Pablo Picasso. After exploring the Villa and taking in its many whimsical mosaics, murals and frescos, guests will enjoy a private dinner, prepared by Michelin-starred Chef Didier Aniès, overlooking the Mediterranean on the estate terrace.
- Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru – Guests will channel their inner Jacques Cousteau during a journey of discovery in the underwater world of manta rays and whale sharks. Led by some of the world's leading experts on manta rays, guests will cruise the turquoise waters of the Baa Atoll UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, learning to spot the creatures in the water and helping to record essential environmental information and take identification photos. Taking their oceanic study to new depths, guests will then free-dive into the Indian Ocean to observe the manta rays and whale sharks in their natural habitat.
- Hangzhou - Guests will journey back in time on a traditional Chinese rowboat ride through one of Eastern China's most lush and fabled lakes, taking in majestic mountains, ancient temples, traditional pagodas and graceful bridges while sipping premium Hangzhou tea and sampling local delicacies from Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at West Lake.
About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Founded in 1960, Four Seasons continues to define the future of luxury hospitality with extraordinary imagination, unwavering commitment to the highest standards of quality, and the most genuine and customised service. Currently operating 99 hotels, resorts and residences in major city centres and resort destinations in 41 countries, and with more than 50 projects in development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world's best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveller reviews and industry awards. For more information and reservations, visit fourseasons.com. For the latest news, visit press.fourseasons.com and follow @FourSeasonsPR on Twitter.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/an-island-to-call-your-own-introducing-four-seasons-private-island-maldives-at-voavah-baa-atoll-300277469.html
SOURCE Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts