SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 3, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Bizo (www.bizo.com), the leading business audience targeting platform, today issued a guide for online advertisers outlining which day of the week may be more effective when targeting business professionals online. With rich, anonymous, third party-certified data on more than 85 million businesspeople globally, Bizo revealed that a business professional's industry is the best indicator of what day he or she will react to an online ad.
"Whether it's about making a purchase, downloading materials or registering on the site, our data shows that each industry has a specific day when people are more likely to do what an online ad asks them to," said Chris Mann, director of product management for Bizo. "We all know there are days we are more or less productive at work, so it's natural that each industry would have a day when they are more likely to react to online ads. What I think advertisers will be more surprised to see is that the days with the highest click-through-rates are usually not the same days those professionals took action."
Bizo examined data across its entire network to determine how the day of the week an online ad is served impacted whether a business professional reacted to it. Bizo found that, in general, professionals are most likely to react to an online ad shown during the week, particularly on Wednesday – while they are most likely to click on an ad during the weekend. However, a professional's industry is an even better indicator of when he or she is most likely to take action.
To simplify these findings Bizo released a guide titled "An Advertiser's Weekly Planner" that highlights which day of the week may be more effective when targeting specific business professional segments online.
The Weekly Planner reveals:
- Agriculture professionals are most likely to take action against online ads shown to them on Tuesday; 50% more likely to react as compared to Sunday, the day they were least likely to take action. In contrast, they are most likely to click on an ad shown to them on Wednesday.
- Software professionals are most likely to take action against online ads shown to them on Tuesday; almost 600% more likely to react as compared to Sunday, the day they were least likely to take action.
- Medical professionals are most likely to take action against online ads shown to them on Thursday; 35% more likely to react as compared to Saturday, the day they were least likely to take action.
- Real Estate professionals are most likely to react to online ads shown to them on Saturday; 99% more likely than an ad shown on Wednesday, the day they were least likely to take action.
- Small Business professionals are most likely to take action against online ads shown to them on Sunday; 39% more likely to react as compared to Saturday, the day they were least likely to take action.
The day a business professional is most likely to react to an online ad was determined by comparing the number of online advertisements shown to a segment of business professionals on a given day to the number of times that set of business professionals took an action against online advertisements on the same day. This data is based on campaigns run in Q3 2010 across the 85 million business professionals currently in the Bizo network.
Bizo provides rich, anonymous bizographic information (e.g. industry, job function, company size, gender, location) on business professionals across thousands of websites. The data is collected in a completely anonymous and transparent manner, and is certified by BPA Worldwide, a third-party auditing organization.
To learn more about Bizo, visit www.bizo.com.
About Bizo (www.bizo.com)
Bizo is the world's largest B2B audience targeting platform, currently reaching more than 80 percent of the U.S. business population on thousands of sites across the business Web. Hundreds of leading B2B brands, including eight of the top ten B2B advertisers count on Bizo to measure, reach, and engage their target business audiences online. Powered by rich, third party-certified data on over 85 million business people globally, the Bizo platform is fueling a proven approach to precise online B2B marketing based on a prospect's anonymous bizographics including industry, job function, seniority, company size and more.
Bizo is privately held and based in San Francisco, California. For more information on Bizo, or for a free look at the bizographic make-up of your website audience, visit www.bizo.com.