WARREN, N.J., Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANAD), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today introduced the AWB7224 small-cell power amplifier (PA). The AWB7224 is optimized to deliver an industry-leading combination of efficiency, linearity, output power and thermal characteristics for WCDMA, HSPA, and LTE small-cell base stations operating in the 728 to 768 MHz frequency band. Manufacturers are able to leverage this performance to develop infrastructure solutions that consume less power, and provide higher throughput and greater coverage.
"ANADIGICS continues to expand its family of small-cell power amplifiers to target the 3G and 4G frequency bands most used in dense population areas," said Glenn Eswein, director of product marketing for infrastructure products at ANADIGICS. "The rapid increase in wireless data consumption, especially in urban and campus settings, places tremendous pressure on existing wireless infrastructure. Our solutions enable the design of high throughput, reliable, and compact small-cell base stations that offer service providers an economical and pragmatic path to expand broadband network coverage."
ANADIGICS' small-cell wireless infrastructure power amplifiers leverage the Company's patented InGaP-Plus™ technology and advanced design architectures to deliver world-class performance and integration. The AWB7224 offers 13% efficiency to minimize power requirements and provide flexibility in selecting network power systems. With exceptional linearity of -47 dBc ACPR at +27 dBm output power, and 29 dB of RF gain, the AWB7224 enables high throughput data rates with a wide coverage area. The complete family of small-cell power amplifiers is available in a compact, low profile 7 mm x 7 mm x 1.3 mm surface mount package with integrated RF matching to reduce PCB space requirements.
ANADIGICS Small-Cell Wireless Infrastructure PA Family Key Facts and Highlights:
- High linearity to support WCDMA, HSPA, and LTE small-cell base stations
- Best-in-class efficiency for improved reliability and low cost thermal design
- Low-noise, low distortion for very low spectral emission levels
- Low transistor junction temperature for higher long-term reliability
- Integrated RF matching optimized for output power, efficiency, and linearity in a 50 Ohm system
- Optimized for ¼-Watt and ½-Watt linear output power to support a wide array of applications
¼-Watt Linear Small-Cell Infrastructure Amplifiers:
½-Watt Linear Small-Cell Infrastructure Amplifiers:
Engineering samples of the AWB7224 are available now for qualified programs.
For more information on ANADIGICS products and multimedia content, please refer to the following resources:
- ANADIGICS LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Photos: http://www.flickr.com/anadigics_inc
- ANADIGICS Video: http://www.youtube.com/anadigics
About ANADIGICS, Inc.
ANADIGICS, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANAD) delivers integrated radio frequency (RF) solutions that OEMs and ODMs demand to optimize the performance of wireless, broadband and cable applications across all major networks and standards. ANADIGICS features a diverse portfolio of highly linear, highly efficient RFICs. Headquartered in Warren, NJ, the company's award-winning products include power amplifiers, tuner integrated circuits, active splitters, line amplifiers and other components that can be purchased individually or packaged as integrated RF and front-end modules. For more information, visit www.anadigics.com.
SOURCE ANADIGICS, Inc.