NEW YORK, April 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This research service provides a strategic analysis of the overseas growth strategies of leading Chinese automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). It examines the factors that determine overseas market exploration and the export strategies of key OEMs. The study also includes an overview of the changing dynamics in the Chinese passenger vehicle market and a SWOT analysis for four key Chinese OEMs. The study features a comparative analysis of select global product lines and discusses the evolution of export activities of Chinese automotive OEMs in overseas markets. The report also provides a current and future outlook up to 2022 for Chinese automotive OEMs in overseas markets.
Executive Summary—Key Findings
Chinese Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) are expected to export million passenger vehicle units by 2022.
Four Chinese automotive OEMs (Geely, Chery, Lifan, and Great Wall) contributed % (approximately units) to the total amount of unit vehicles exported by Chinese OEMs. These OEMs are expected to reach a passenger vehicle export of million units by 2022.
Overseas Growth Strategies of Chinese Automotive OEMs: Key Findings, Global, 2015 Native Chinese automotive OEMs are expected to expand in markets outside China (e.g., Iran) due to local markets being affected by the new economic environment under which sales of passenger vehicles are expected to slow down. The market is also expected to face intense competition from global participants targeting future growth by 2022.
Chinese OEMs are expected to forge new alliances with major suppliers to maintain product quality and produce large quantities to meet the growing global demand. Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) reached a historical high for Chinese OEMs—amounting to approximately $ billion by 2014.
Chinese OEMs are expected to gain technology expertise from key global M&As. For instance, with the Volvo Cars acquisition for $ billion in 2010, Geely is expected to use the global footprint of European brands to help its parent brand foray into high growth markets such as the United States and Europe.
Greenfield investments by Chinese automotive OEMs occur mainly in Latin America and Russia due to the relatively cost-effective labor force available. Hence, these automotive OEMs are expected to offer competitive prices to gain local market share. For instance, Lifan is setting up a privately owned manufacturing plant in Russia in 2015.
Research Aims and Objectives
Overseas Growth Strategies of Chinese Automotive OEMs: Research Aims and Objectives, Global, 2015
- To understand the interests of Chinese OEMs (market entry or expansion plans) in regards to overseas markets (e.g., the United States and Iran)
- To analyze the overseas market expansion strategies of key Chinese OEMs
- To present an insight into the business models and market opportunities of Chinese OEMs in terms of overseas market conquests
- To provide an analysis of the top five overseas markets targeted by Chinese OEMs
- To provide an actionable set of conclusions and recommendations
- To determine the factors affecting the business strategies of Chinese OEMs
- To analyze the impact on unit sales export opportunities
- To assess the impact on the product portfolios of Chinese-HQ OEMs looking at overseas markets
- To identify the key benchmarks adopted by Chinese OEMs that target overseas markets
- To highlight key investment decisions, localization opportunities, and mergers and acquisitions
- To assess key consumer preferences in major overseas markets
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03571236-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/analysis-of-overseas-growth-strategies-among-chinese-automotive-original-equipment-manufacturers-300247481.html