Analysis of the Chilean Electricity Market
NEW YORK, March 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
The Chilean electricity market yields high possibilities for growth. The power generation segment is fueled by a consistent electricity demand closely related to Chile's economic expansion, which is also offering new business opportunities. On the other hand, power transmission and distribution have reduced profits seen in 2010 and become less competitive. Moreover, Chile's electricity matrix dependence on fossil fuels and hydro resources represents a challenge that has to be faced both by the government and private companies. Non-conventional renewable energy represents an efficient tool to address growing electricity demand.
- The Chilean electricity market is growing, and is expected to remain that way through the forecast period.
- Total market revenue was $xx billion in 2011, with electricity production of xx GWh. Market revenue will reach $xx billion by the end of forecast period at a CAGR of xx percent, in line with production output of xx GWh.
- Current and expected electricity demand stimulates power generation, and electricity is sold at profit. The continuous expansion of the country's installed capacity will sustain transmission and distribution activities, and the power supply market is likely to gain momentum as well.
- Chile's electricity rates are among the highest in Latin America, and the government implemented a power rationing decree that went into effect in February 2011.
- Chile is an attractive place to invest in non-conventional renewable energy (NCRE) projects, because solar irradiation is excellent in the northern region and wind is constant in the southern region.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Executive Summary 4
Market Overview 9
Electricity Market -
External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints 19
Forecasts and Trends 31
Demand Analysis 40
Market Share and Competitive Analysis 42
Power Generation Segment Breakdown 48
Power Transmission Segment Breakdown 54
Power Distribution Segment Breakdown 59
The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications) 64
To order this report:
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001
More by this Source
Technologies for Sustainability (Technical Insights)
Dec 11, 2013, 14:35 ET
Technology Investment Opportunities in Systems Biology (Technical Insights)
Dec 11, 2013, 14:32 ET
Next Generation Stent Technologies (Technical Insights)
Dec 11, 2013, 14:31 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.