LONDON, April 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Analysis of the Global Academic Lecture Capture Solutions Market : Growing Penetration in K-12 and Lifelong Learning Segments and Improved User Experience Drive Revenue Growth
This research service covers the global market for academic lecture capture solutions. Detailed global market trend analyses—including market drivers, market restraints, technology trends, and a pricing discussion—are provided in this research. Detailed revenue forecasts are provided. The global market has been segmented into North America and Latin America (NALA), Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). A competitive landscape, in terms of major participants and market share analysis, is also provided. The base year is 2015 and forecasts run to 2022.
Academic lecture capture solutions (LCS) crossed $ million in revenue in 2015. The academic LCS market is characterized by seismic shifts in the technological demands of students, growing institutional adoption of online programs to increase student enrollment, the increasing use of multi-source video capture to enrich user experience, and deeper in-video metadata schema to improve searchability.
- Academic LCS serves as an excellent means to deliver multimedia and interactive course content to today's generation of digitally-connected students. The need for this shift in learning/teaching methodologies is the result of changing expectations from students and their parents regarding educational institutions.
- The academic LCS market can be divided into two key segments: K-12 and higher education. The higher education segment, which includes the lifelong learning segment, contributed % of the total academic LCS revenue in 2015, whereas K-12 contributed % of total revenue.
- Higher education continues to be the major contributor of academic LCS revenue with slower but growing penetration in K-12 and lifelong learning. In terms of lifelong learning, an explosion of massive open online classrooms (MOOCs) is a key driving factor for LCS adoption.
From a regional perspective, North America and Latin America (NALA) contributed % of academic LCS revenue in 2015, followed by % from Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) and % from Asia-Pacific (APAC).
- Overall, the market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of % from 2015 to 2022. Most of this growth will come from increased penetration in K-12 and rapidly growing investment into higher education in the Middle East and from emerging economies in Asia-Pacific. While small pockets of excellence exist in Latin America, overall revenue contribution from Latin America has slowed down due to currency fluctuations, particularly in Brazil.
- Key trends in the academic LCS market include integration with other educational technology vendors, including competitors and complementary vendors; growing mobile interactions with LCS; integrating data across educational technology solutions to measure and improve learning outcomes; the customization of LCS solutions to meet institution-specific needs; and the emergence of new use cases such as alumni engagement.
- In an extremely competitive and fragmented market, the market leaders—Echo360, Panopto, and Sonic Foundry—have more than % of the market share, with a first-mover advantage in international markets. Price, ease of use, quality of video, a seamless experience across devices, and attentive customer support are key competitive factors.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3591158/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/analysis-of-the-global-academic-lecture-capture-solutions-market-300248286.html