NEW YORK, March 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Analysis of the Global Primary Lithium Battery Market : Multiple Chemistries Catering to Diverse End-user Applications Drive Demand
This study analyses the global market for primary lithium batteries. It includes revenue forecasts, pricing trends, market trends, drivers and restraints, opportunities, and a competitive overview for the period 2013 to 2022. The market is analyzed through 2 main segments: by battery chemistry and by end-user application. Battery chemistry analysis includes lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium carbon monofluoride, and others. End-user analysis includes industrial, consumer, aerospace and defense, medical, and others. The regional segmentation includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World. The different devices that drive the demand for batteries are also discussed in detail.
The primary lithium battery market generated $ million for 2015 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of % from 2015 to 2022.
- These cells generated million units for 2015 with a 7-year CAGR of %.
- The average price is $ , which is likely to remain steady during the forecast period.
- Lithium manganese dioxide (LiMnO2) is the most widely used chemistry for consumer, industrial, aerospace and defense, and medical end-user applications.
- Lithium sulfur dioxide (LiSO2) and lithium thionyl chloride (LiSOCl2) are two other important chemistries that are suitable for multiple end-user applications.
- Lithium carbon monofluoride (LiCFx) is a key chemistry that is used for industrial, medical, and aerospace and defense applications.
- Japan, China, South Korea and the United States are the key countries driving demand for this market, with strong production bases and sales.
- In the United States, high demand for primary lithium batteries is from defense, aerospace, medical, and industrial applications. Meanwhile in China, demand is triggered by military equipment and consumer applications. Japan and South Korea use large primary lithium cells for industrial, medical, and consumer applications.
- Tier I participants have been growing consistently for the past to years through wide product lines and an ability to cater to multiple end-user applications.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- What are the key industries supporting growth? Is there a difference in demand patterns across different countries?
- How will the structure of the market change with time? Is the market ripe for acquisitions?
- How does the demand pattern for different lithium chemistries vary globally according to end-user applications?
- Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their businesses to the next level?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03693811-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001