Analysis of the North American Hydraulic Cylinders Market
NEW YORK, April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of the North American Hydraulic Cylinders Market
Demand for Hydraulic Cylinders in Aerospace and Construction Help Sustain the Growth of the Market
This research service for the North American hydraulic cylinders market identifies major industry challenges; market drivers and restraints; and key trends in technology, pricing, and distribution. Moreover, this research provides comprehensive forecasts for the total market, across the end-user segments like construction, material handling, forestry, oil and gas, mining, aerospace, agriculture and farming, machine tools, hydraulic press, automotive, food and beverage, entertainment and simulators, plastics, water and waste water, renewable energy, and special industrial. A competitive analysis and Mega Trends are included, and the regions covered are the United States and Canada. The base year is 2011 and forecasts run through 2018.
• Demand for complete integrated solutions from manufacturers combined with aftermarket services should ensure demand and allow manufacturers to obtain profitable maintenance and service contracts.
• The retrofit market will see increased activity in the short term as companies reduce costs and hold off purchasing new equipment.
• Heavy competition from overseas participants resulting in low cost imports acts as a major restraint because there are certain end users who opt for low cost hydraulic cylinders.
• During the recession in 2009, the hydraulic cylinders market witnessed a near Xpercent drop in North America.
• Compared to other major process component industries this drop was considered less but still it was below the expectations.
• The key end user segment for this market is the aerospace. The drop in construction agriculture and farming and Oil and Gas was offset by the aerospace industry which was profitable even during recession.
• The market would grow slowly during the forecast period and would finish off with a CAGR of X percent between 2011 and 2018. The number of units shipped saw a drop of X percent during recession.
• Due to the growth in end user segments and demand for more cylinders the growth rate in unit shipped will rise steadily and we would witness a CAGR of X percent.
• Agriculture and farming made up X percent of the market, the large variety of applications including lawn and garden equipment through to tractors and planters should ensure a wide variety of applications.
• Food and beverage sees a healthy CAGR of X percent between 2011 and 2018. The on going demand for food processing and packaging should ensure healthy growth prospects during the forecast period.
• Due to the pent up demand the bounce back in 2010 for the hydraulic cylinders market was high. This is due to the rise in demand from end user segments like oil and gas, food and beverage, and mining.
1. Because the market is mature, new areas for growth is important.
2. Manufacturers need to invest in research and development, enabling them to develop innovative products.
3. In order to fight the rising cost of power, new renewable energy sources for manufacturing must be found.
4. Integrated solutions and services are becoming key differentiating factors.
Hydraulic cylinders are instruments that transform the pressure of flowing fluid into linear motion and the force exerted is equal to the fluid pressure and the cross sectional area of the piston. There are two types of hydraulic cylinders, single acting and double acting.
• Single acting: The force of gravity on the load or the spring brings that piston back to position.
• Double acting: Fluid is piped to the two ends of a piston. The regions this study covers are the United States and Canada.
The end users considered for revenue calculation are defined as follows:
Agricultural and Farming
This segment includes all on-farm applications used for the production of agricultural products including cattle and crops. This includes but is not limited to tractors, hay bailers, and mulching machines. It also includes lawn and garden equipment such as mowers and other farm vehicles.
Construction includes all vehicles such as excavators, steam rollers, backhoe loaders concrete machines, drilling rigs, and wheel loaders used during the construction of a piece of infrastructure such as bridges, buildings, or tunnels.
Materials handling is the process by which products are moved within production facilities or within storage facilities. This can include but is not limited to cranes, fork lifts, tele-handlers, and production line conveyors.
Oil and Gas
This segment consists of all hydraulic equipment used in the upstream oil and gas industry, primarily at the wellhead. This includes equipment such as jacking systems used to raise and lower over well drilling and service platforms, deep
Mining encompasses all equipment used during mining operations which can include machines such as drills, excavators, lifts, lift trucks, cranes and hoists. This can include both underground and open cast mines.
This segment includes hydraulic equipment used in aircraft. This can include commercial transports, military fixed wing planes, regional and business aircraft, and helicopters. These can be component used in aircraft brakes and wheels, engine systems, flight controls, and fuel systems.
Others include marine, metals, agriculture, general industrial manufacturing and automotive.
End users considered for revenue calculation are defined as:
This segment includes hydraulic equipment used for components for all machinery dealing with metal cutting such as lathes, milling, drilling, shaping, grinding, and shearing machines.
This segment includes all components for all light, medium, and heavy hydraulic presses used for metal forming. This includes die casting, forging machines, extrusion, drawing, and bailing machines.
This includes hydraulic equipment in manufacturing plants of all motor vehicles with an internal combustion engine or electric vehicle. This includes commercial vehicles, utility vehicles, and recreational vehicles. All OEMs and suppliers who manufacture and supply components to major automotive companies are included. Power train assembly units, press shops, paint shops, and supplier assembly units are also considered.
Food and Beverage
The food segment consists of all manufacturing plants that transform livestock and agricultural products into products for immediate or final consumption. Establishments primarily engaged in bakery and candy products made on the premises not for consumption are also included. Beverage segments include three main categories: nonalcoholic, alcoholic, and distilled alcoholic beverages.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
• Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
• Is this an industry or a market? Will these companies/products/services continue to exist or will they get acquired by other companies? Will the products/services become features in other markets?
• How will the structure of the market change with time? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
• Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is there additional development needed?
• Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Table Of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Hydraulic Cylinders Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
• Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
4. CEO's 360 Degree Perspective
5. Mobile Applications Segment Breakdown
6. Industrial Applications Segment Breakdown
7. The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
To order this report:
Machine_Tool_and_Equipment Industry: Analysis of the North American Hydraulic Cylinders Market
Contact Clare: email@example.com
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001
More by this Source
Consumer Appliances in Brazil
Retailing in the United Kingdom
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.