LONDON, March 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The total personal protective equipment (PPE) market will experience a drastic slow down between 2012 and 2014 due the decline in one of the key end-user sectors—mining. Nevertheless, the robust growth in construction sector, especially in residential construction, is expected to sustain demand from 2015 to 2021. Niche PPE suppliers that cater to specialised PPE markets have gained market share. In this challenging environment where organic growth is subdued, competitors are compelled to explore different channels to realise growth, such as value chain extension, mergers and acquisitions, and product range expansions.
- The Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) personal protective equipment (PPE) market is a mature market that is currently negatively impacted by the slow down in growth across key end-use sectors such as mining and manufacturing in Australia (with New Zealand presenting slightly more favourable levels of activity). However, improved activity in construction, oil and gas, and forestry sectors is expected to sustain market revenue growth over the forecast period.
- A stringent regulatory framework makes this market among the most advanced in the world in terms of adopting the latest products that offer optimum protection. This strong compliance framework is expected to be the single biggest driver of market growth moving forward.
- Competition is fierce among leading international suppliers (e.g., 3M, Honeywell, MSA), local manufacturers (e.g., Protector Alsafe, ProChoice), distributors turned private
label manufacturing (e.g., Blackwoods and Elliott), and niche local suppliers (e.g., PerformanceOnHand, Global Safety Solutions & Management).
- Price pressure and low differentiation in many product segments make this a difficult market to protect margins and build and leverage brand equity.
- Competitors offer services and training to increase value addition and improve customer relationships.
- Acquisition has been used as a strategic tool to achieve market share growth in challenging market conditions.
- Channel innovation is also another method employed by competitors to realise growth.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3008820/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48