LONDON, Nov. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This research service presents an analysis of the breast imaging systems market in the United States. It provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, market size, revenue forecast, drivers and restraints, market penetration, and market attractiveness. Segments that are covered include X-ray mammography (with analog, digital radiography, computed radiography, and digital breast tomosynthesis), ultrasound (including automated breast ultrasound), breast MRI, and molecular breast imaging. Market participants were interviewed to obtain their perceptions of breast imaging systems and trends.
- In the United States, breast imaging system is frequently used during cancer screening, diagnosis, and pre-surgical planning. The most common breast imaging procedures are X-ray mammography, breast ultrasound, breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and molecular breast imaging (MBI).
- Technologies such as digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT) and automated breast ultrasound (ABUS) are expected to drive the growth through the forecast period. Technologies such as automated breast tomography, elastography, thermography and optical imaging systems are under clinical evaluation for breast imaging screening and diagnosis.
- Total revenue from shipments of X-ray mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI, and MBI systems to US customers in 2014 was $ million. Frost & Sullivan expects revenue in the US breast imaging systems market to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of % from 2014 to 2019, reaching $ million in 2019.
- In 2014, at least competitors actively participated in the US breast imaging systems market. Competitors contributing the highest proportions of revenue in the total market were GE Healthcare, Hologic, Philips Healthcare, and Siemens Healthcare. Together, these competitors generated % of total market revenue.
- Revenue from shipments of X-ray mammography systems to US customers was $ million in 2014, accounting for % of total market revenue. Frost & Sullivan expects revenue in this segment to grow at a CAGR of % from 2014 to 2019. The commercialization of DBT in 2011 contributed significantly to the growth of X-ray mammography systems.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- How much revenue was generated by shipments of breast imaging systems to US customers in 2014, and how much is this figure expected to grow during the next 5 years?
- What proportion of total US breast imaging systems market revenue were generated by shipments of X-ray mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI, and MBI systems in 2014, and how are these proportions expected to change during the next 5 years?
- How penetrated (i.e., ratio of actual to potential number of users) were the X-ray mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI, and MBI segments of the US breast imaging systems market in 2014?
- Which competitors contributed the highest proportions of revenue in the total US breast imaging systems market and within the X-ray mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI, and MBI segments in 2014?
- Will breast tomosynthesis become widely adopted in the United States? If so, when is this technology expected to become widespread?
- Is the use of ultrasound in breast imaging and the demand for newer ultrasound technologies such as ABUS expected to increase in the United States during the next 5 years?
- What proportion of MRI systems shipped with breast radiofrequency (RF) coils in the United States in 2014? Is the US market for dedicated breast MRI systems expected to grow during the next 5 years?
- Is MBI expected to become more widely adopted by breast imaging facilities in the United States during the next 5 years? What are the prospects for growth in this segment of the market?
- How have the proportions of global X-ray mammography imaging systems market revenue represented by the United States, Western Europe, and the rest of the world changed during the last few years?
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3384810/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48