Analysis of the U.S. Defense Geospatial Market
NEW YORK, March 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
This research service examines the U.S. defense geospatial market from 2011 to 2017. The market has grown as new tools and technologies have been developed through real-world operations. Afghanistan and Iraq have provided problem sets driving innovation and development of better geospatial tools and services. Geospatial intelligence (GEOINT) has matured into its own specialty, creating many analysis variables from human terrain to sensor/radar development. The commercial geospatial market is propagating these events and delivering technologies to mobile users in numerous industries quicker and more efficiently. As the defense geospatial market expands, planners will look toward commercial solutions to meet operational requirements.
- Department of Defense (DoD) spending on geospatial products and research is estimated to reach $xx billion by 2017. This amount would be significantly higher if classified spending were publicly accessible for reporting.
- According to published fiscal year (FY) 2011 government documents, geospatial contracts awarded that year amounted to an estimated $xx million. On paper, joint services organizations led the other service components, acquiring xx percent of 2011 contracts.
- PAR Government Systems led the acquisition of geospatial contracts in 2011 with an estimated $xx million award for advanced full motion video (FMV) that will run through 2016.
- The use of geospatial technologies has become second nature to military operators. Basic tools have reached market capacity, and a shift to services is growing.
- The processing and exploitation of raw geospatial data continues to present challenges. Advanced sensors and collection platforms are generating more data than can be handled.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Executive Summary 4
Market Overview 7
Total Defense Geospatial Market -
External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints 12
Forecasts and Trends 20
Market Share and Competitive Analysis 26
Defense Geospatial Breakdown 32
The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications) 47
To order this report:
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001