SAN DIEGO, Feb. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the big data analytics and marketing applications company, continues to be the global leader in data warehousing technology according to The Information Difference, an international data management analyst firm. The firm publishes an annual Data Warehouse Landscape report evaluating the most important global data warehouse vendors. The current research report was released on February 2, 2016 and shows data warehouse providers positioned in a diagram on axes across two categories; Technology and Market Strength.
"Our latest research covering the year 2015 shows that Teradata continues to be the leader in data warehousing technology innovation and expertise," said Andy Hayler, chief executive officer and co-founder of The Information Difference. "Notably, the many customers surveyed had high regard for Teradata's technology deployers; teams, consulting advisors and professional services. Teradata ranked first in the perceived value of its data warehousing amongst its customers."
The firm's positioning for each vendor is derived from a weighted set of scores based on these factors: customer satisfaction as measured by a survey of reference customers, analyst impressions of the technology, maturity of the technology, and breadth of technology in terms of its coverage against The Information Difference functionality model.
According to The Information Difference report "Data warehouses are being pulled in several directions, having to cope not just with greater data volumes, but with non-traditional data types -- as well as being expected to cope with a variety of deployment options, both on-premises and cloud."
To this point, in 2015 Teradata introduced data warehousing-related software, hardware, and service innovations that accelerate agile decision making and increase the ease of use and manageability of its leading Teradata® Unified Data Architecture™ (UDA). These include Teradata® QueryGrid™ support for Presto open-source software, Teradata Database on Amazon Web Services public cloud, Teradata Module for Python to enable DevOps for data, Software-Defined Warehouse for logical warehouse instances, across-the-board updates to the Teradata Workload-Specific Platform Family, and expansion of Think Big services into Europe. In addition, Teradata is the first to streamline data exploration and analytics by integrating the Teradata Database, Teradata Aster Analytics, and Hadoop in a single Teradata® UDA Appliance.
"We are excited by our leadership position in The Information Difference Data Warehouse Landscape report because the data warehouse continues to be central to the analytic ecosystem, best represented by the Teradata UDA," said Oliver Ratzesberger, president of Teradata Labs. "In 2016 and the years ahead, our dramatically increased pace of innovation for the analytic ecosystem will take our customer satisfaction to new levels by accelerating our customers' ability to develop the most flexible, integrated, and powerful analytics – spanning both Hadoop and Teradata."
Ratzesberger added that the report's special note on Teradata customers being the "happiest" translates to a most important attribute – the role of Teradata's people as trusted advisors – whose expertise and helpful demeanor facilitate higher levels of collaboration and business value.
Relevant News Links
- For more information, click on this link to The Information Difference report with details, including the analysis and a positioning diagram.
- Raising customer satisfaction at Teradata: Teradata Professional and Consulting Services
- Teradata Labs president Oliver Ratzesberger advocates evolution to the Sentient Enterprise as the analytic road map for businesses.
- Webcast video: Creating a High Impact Data Driven Culture – from THINK BIG – Teradata big data analytics consulting team.
- Think Big, a Teradata company, with many insightful resources, on Facebook.
- Shutterfly.com relies on Teradata as a trusted advisor for big data analytics
- Teradata Unveils New Products to Tackle IoT Demands, a quick overview.
- Teradata announces partnership with Alation to help companies create data catalogs – the hottest new trend for enterprises to benefit from collaborative analytic knowledge.
- Attend Teradata Universe annual analytics conferences coming up in 2016!
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) helps companies get more value from data than any other company. Teradata's leading portfolio of big data analytic solutions, integrated marketing applications, and services can help organizations gain a sustainable competitive advantage with data. Visit teradata.com.
Get to know Teradata:
Teradata and the Teradata logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teradata Corporation and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and worldwide.