Analytics Vendor Study Exposes Value Gap Between Legacy Software and Next-gen Solutions Analytics Users Report That SAS Institute is Not Meeting Their Modern Analytics Needs; Faster Time to Value and Easier-to-use Predictive and Spatial Analytics Are Realized with Alteryx
IRVINE, Calif., Nov. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alteryx, Inc., the leading provider of Strategic Analytics software, released a study it commissioned through Crimson Consulting that confirms significant time-to-value and ease-of-use differences between legacy analytics tools from SAS Institute and next-generation solutions from Alteryx.
"This study validates the decision of all customers who are choosing Alteryx over SAS for their next analytics project," said Paul Ross, VP of Product and Industry Marketing at Alteryx. "Modern analytics users expect faster data processing, easier-to-use analytics, and a more affordable solution. Alteryx delivers on all these fronts."
The study summarizes in-depth interviews of data analysts and analytics decision makers at five diverse companies with between four and 100+ users of analytics tools, all of whom have experience using both Alteryx and legacy SAS systems. Some key highlights of the study, including why customers prefer Alteryx over SAS, include:
- Faster time to value through improvements in data processing, and less reliance on specialist programmers and statisticians using multiple tools in SAS. One customer said, "Alteryx…[is] worth at least a 30 percent improvement in time to insight."
- Easier-to-use analytics tools that offer drag-and-drop workflows for data blending and advanced spatial and predictive analytics – without complex coding or outside intervention. One customer commented, "I wouldn't have been able to do this without IT help in a legacy SAS environment."
- A manager of customer insights at a major retailer lauded Alteryx Strategic Analytics: "It's about as close to being the analyst's dream platform as I've seen in my career."
The full Crimson Consulting study is available for download now. Members of the media and IT analyst community do not need to register and can obtain a copy of the report by submitting a media inquiry to the Alteryx PR department.
For More Information
- Download the Crimson study
- Visit the Analytics Unchained site – TCO and other comparisons of SAS versus Alteryx
- View more Customer Analytics resources here: http://www.alteryx.com/customeranalytics
About Alteryx, Inc.
Alteryx, the leader in Strategic Analytics, dramatically improves data analysts' productivity. The solution enables analysts to blend complex data, build sophisticated analytics in a much easier way than tools like SAS, and simplify how business users consume analytic insights. Analytic applications built on Alteryx enable executives to identify and seize market opportunities, outsmart their competitors, increase customer loyalty and drive more revenue. More than 300 customers, including Experian Marketing Services and McDonald's, and 200,000+ users worldwide rely on Alteryx daily. Visit www.alteryx.com or call 1-888-836-4274. Alteryx is a registered trademark of Alteryx, Inc.
SOURCE Alteryx, Inc.