Mr. Pavlenishvili's practice focuses on project development and finance in addition to mergers and acquisitions on behalf of power producers, equity investors, international financial institutions and governments. He has shepherded a variety of power, oil and gas, LNG and other infrastructure projects, as well as acquisitions, in the U.S., Africa, Latin America and Europe.
His recent representations include:
- A major solar power developer and solar panel manufacturer in connection with the acquisition and project financing of an approximately 300-megawatt (AC) solar energy production facility project in California.
- A major solar power developer in connection with the acquisition of an equity interest in, and structuring of joint venture arrangements for a 200-megawatt (AC) solar energy production facility project in Nevada.
- A major wind turbine manufacturer and project developer, in connection with a $110 million project and receivable sale financing of a wind project in Maryland.
- A U.S Bank as lenders in connection with $100 million receivable financing provided to a leading Chinese telecommunications company.
- A U.S. private equity sponsor and a South Africa-based borrower in connection with the development and project financing of two solar projects in South Africa with a capital cost of more than $100 million.
"George's deep knowledge and experience with project development and finance from a varied clientele will be invaluable to our clients," says Bob Jewell, Managing Partner, Andrews Kurth.
Mr. Pavlenishvili earned an LL.M. degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University and an MBA from Pace University. He is a graduate of Odessa Law Academy in Ukraine and is fluent in Russian and Ukrainian.
After working for high-profile firms in the financial sector, he joined DLA Piper in New York and later Stoel Rives LLP in Washington, D.C. where he was partner in the energy practice, before joining Reed Smith.
"I am extremely pleased to join the substantial and far-reaching practice in project finance and mergers and acquisition at Andrews Kurth," Mr. Pavlenishvili says. "I look forward to working closely with this team of lawyers whose talents are nationally recognized."
About Andrews Kurth
Since 1902, Andrews Kurth has built its practice on the belief that "straight talk is good business." Real answers, clear vision and mutual respect define the firm's relationships with clients, colleagues, communities and employees. With 10 offices worldwide, Andrews Kurth represents a wide array of clients in multiple industries. For more information about Andrews Kurth, please visit andrewskurth.com.
Ashley Ronald Nelly, Andrews Kurth
713.220.4410 (office) | 713.204.0255 (mobile)
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/andrews-kurth-adds-project-finance-ma-partner-george-pavlenishvili-in-new-york-300265066.html
SOURCE Andrews Kurth