LOS ANGELES, Oct. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Crystal Cruises is offering a brand new, complimentary inclusive three-night Extended Land Program to Thailand and Cambodia with its March Asia-to-Africa World Cruise segment. Prior to sailing from Singapore to Cape Town aboard Crystal Serenity, guests will embark on an exotic overland journey, first exploring Bangkok's energetic markets, nightlife, and heavenward temple spires, and then flying to Siem Reap, Cambodia, where they will visit some of the world's most awe-inspiring spiritual monuments and landmarks, such as:
- Angkor Wat – The world's largest religious monument and UNESCO World Heritage Site dating back to the 12th century.
- The Grand Palace – A vast complex of buildings, pavilions and gardens, the palace has been the primary residence and official ceremonial site for Kings of Siam since 1782.
- Temples of the Emerald, Golden and Reclining Buddhas – The most sacred temple in Thailand, the world's largest solid gold statue (nearly six tons!), and one of the largest overall Buddha statues in the world, respectively.
- Angkor Night Market – Open until at least midnight with more than 100 shops and merchants, the market sets the perfect scene for post-dinner shopping.
- Khmer Ruins – An array of ancient Cambodian architectural masterpieces, from Bayon Temple, known for its forest of heads and maze of dark rooms and galleries, to Ta Prohm, an Indiana Jones-like lost temple in the jungle, entwined in massive tree roots.
- Apsara Dance Performance – Prima ballerinas from the Royal Ballet of Cambodia will perform this elaborate traditional dance, exclusively for Crystal guests.
Included for guests sailing on the single "Temples & Safaris" itinerary (the fourth segment of Crystal's 2014 World Cruise), the land program begins on March 7 and features meals, inter-Asia transportation, and a night at fellow Travel + Leisure World's Best honoree Peninsula Bangkok, followed by two nights at the five-star Sokha Angkor Wat Resort. The cruise voyage begins March 10 with an onboard overnight in Singapore, then sails to Jakarta, Indonesia; Mauritius/Port Louis, Republic of Mauritius; and Durban, Port Elizabeth, and Cape Town, South Africa (overnight).
"Together, this land/cruise program offers the best of all bucket lists: a fully hosted immersion into the ancient, artistic and spiritual history of Thai and Cambodian cultures, a choice of several optional safaris in Africa, a mix of unusual destinations, and a substantial piece of Crystal's coveted World Cruise, filled with glorious days at sea," says Thomas Mazloum, Crystal's senior vice president, operations.
With $700 in savings if booked by October 31, 21-day land/cruise fares begin at $7,520/person.
Crystal's passion for creating exclusive, eye-opening luxury shore-side experiences are cornerstones of its Crystal Adventures program, helping earn the line top ratings for two decades.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
SOURCE Crystal Cruises