R Support, Text Analytics, Credit Scorecard and Cloud Deployment Enhancements
TORONTO, Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Angoss Software Corporation (Angoss) (TSX-V: ANC) today announced KnowledgeSEEKER® and KnowledgeSTUDIO® Version 8.5, which includes advances across the complete Angoss predictive analytics software suite, as well as the introduction of a new Cloud deployment option. The new features enhance support for R, text analytics classification, credit application scorecards and data analyst productivity.
The new Cloud deployment option extends the power of predictive analytics to a wider community of users wanting to use analytics on-demand for a fixed term, whether for near-term projects or continued use at an affordable monthly cost.
KnowledgeSEEKER and KnowledgeSTUDIO Version 8.5—Feature Highlights:
- R Support - Users gain significantly faster time to insight and action with the ability to both import and export tables directly from R. Data miners and analysts preferring to code in R can now perform visual data discovery and model comparisons with Angoss' best-in-class Decision Trees and interactive modeling features. The robust scope of capabilities in KnowledgeSEEKER and KnowledgeSTUDIO can be readily applied to R datasets.
- Text Analytics - Users have more options and controls to speed insights gleaned from unstructured data analysis with the addition of classification using Concept Topics, query topics and user defined entities.
- Reject Inference - Lending organizations and credit departments can improve customer acquisition and mitigate risk with the use of 3 methods to infer the behavior of rejected credit applicants when modeling credit scorecards. Methods include Proportional Assignment, Hard Cutoff and Parceling.
- Process Map - Users can visually track and audit their analytical project workflows to aid in project communications and productivity.
- Cumulative Lift and Lift Reports - Visually compare model performance to select profitable target volumes by deciles for simpler, faster comparative analysis.
- Chart Library - By saving and organizing visual charts and graphs in the Chart Library, users can easily edit, share and use saved charts to record the data mining process.
"Predictive analytics is gaining mainstream adoption as companies embrace data-driven decision making for competitive advantage," said Martin Galligan, President and CEO of Angoss. "Angoss continues to focus its research and development efforts to meet the needs of all analytics users regardless of their analytical environment or level of expertise. R developers are now able to access the power of our best-in-class Decision Trees and Strategy Trees while improving productivity and time to value. The on-demand, Cloud deployment option makes analytics more accessible and affordable to a wider community of analytics users."
- Video: What's New in Version 8.5?
- Video: Credit Scorecards with Reject Inference
- Comparing Statistical Models in R with KnowledgeSTUDIO
- Text Analytics Categorization and Concept Topics
- Angoss Predictive Analytics Suite Brochure
About Angoss Software Corporation
Angoss is a global leader in delivering predictive analytics to businesses looking to improve performance across sales, marketing and risk. With a suite of desktop, client-server and big data analytics software products and Cloud solutions, Angoss delivers powerful approaches to turn information into actionable business decisions and competitive advantage. Angoss software products and solutions are user-friendly and agile, making predictive analytics accessible and easy to use. Many of the world's leading financial services, insurance, retail, health care and information communication and technology organizations use Angoss predictive analytics software products and solutions to grow revenue, increase sales productivity and improve marketing effectiveness while reducing risk and cost. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Angoss has offices in the United States and United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.angoss.com.
This press release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Forward looking statements relate to analyses and other information that are based on forecasts of future results and estimates of amounts not yet determinable. These statements may involve, but are not limited to, comments relating to preliminary results, guidance, strategies, expectations, planned operations or future actions. Forward-looking statements are identified by the use of terms and phrases such as "preliminary", "anticipate", "believe", "could", "estimate", "expect", "intend", "may", "plan", "predict", "project", "will", "would", and similar terms and phrases, including references to assumptions.
Forward-looking statements, by their nature, are based on assumptions, including those described herein and are subject to important risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements cannot be relied upon due to, amongst other things, changing external events and general uncertainties of the business. Actual results may differ materially from results indicated in forward-looking statements due to a number of factors, including without limitation: the risk that the sale of our products and services involves a long sales cycle; the risk that the economic environment and business conditions will remain difficult to predict; the risk of competition in our target markets; the risk that we may not respond adequately to evolving technologies; the risk that we or our customers may have difficulties in introducing our products or services; the risk that we will encounter difficulties in continuing to offer services; the risks of conducting our operations in a variety of international locations; the risks relating to the costs that we may incur as a result of litigation against us; the risk of future capital needs and uncertainty of additional financing; the risk of the need for the Company to manage its planned growth and expansion; the risk of the effects of product development and need for continued technology change; the risk of protection of proprietary rights; the effect of government regulation and compliance on the Company and the industry; network security risks; the risk of the ability of the Company to maintain properly working systems; the risk of reliance on key personnel; the risk of volatile securities markets impacting security pricing unrelated to operating performance; as well as the factors identified throughout this news release and those identified in section entitled "Risks and Uncertainties" of the Company's MD&A filed on www.sedar.com. The forward-looking statements contained in this news release represent the Company's expectations as of the date of this news release (or as of the date they are otherwise stated to be made), and are subject to change after such date. However, the Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required under applicable securities regulations.
Note: Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
SOURCE ANGOSS Software Corporation