NEW YORK, Dec. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- ANN INC., which operates the Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey brands, donated $3.7 million to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF) through its largest-ever Fall giving campaign. This season's campaign brings the Company's total corporate donation to BCRF to more than $31 million since 2005, marking ANN INC.'s and its clients' longstanding dedication to advancing pioneering breast cancer research. The Company has been the largest corporate donor to BCRF for the last two years, and will continue its commitment to BCRF, funding 18 full-time researchers for the 2016-2017 grant period.
"I am proud of our clients and associates for their continued support in the fight against breast cancer. It's incredible to see their passion for the health and well-being of women, and dedication to making a difference," said Gary Muto, President and CEO of ANN INC. "Through the continued generosity of our community we are able to provide funding for 18 full-time researchers and their groundbreaking research through an organization that continues to make a significant impact in the lives of women and their families."
From September 16th through November 15th, Ann Taylor and LOFT supported BCRF through the sale of Ann Taylor and LOFT Cares cards. Ninety percent of the cards' purchase price was donated to BCRF, and those who purchased the cards received a special discount in stores through November 15th. At Ann Taylor in October, 10% of all online and in-store evening sales on Thursdays were donated to the organization. For every email subscriber LOFT gained during the duration of the campaign, the brand donated $1 to BCRF. LOFT also created a new, limited-edition jewelry collection where 60% of the purchase price was donated to BCRF through November 15th.
"ANN INC.'s steadfast support of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation enables and furthers our groundbreaking research," said Myra Biblowit, President of BCRF. "Each year, we are blown away by the Company's financial contributions and its clients' dedication to our mission. This is particularly true this year, and we are honored by this record-breaking donation."
To learn more, visit ANNCares.com.
About ANN INC.
ANN INC. is a subsidiary of ascena retail group, inc. (NASDAQ: ASNA), and operates the Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey brands. As of December 1, 2016, the Company operated 1,023 Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Factory, LOFT, LOFT Outlet and Lou & Grey stores in 47 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Canada. Our brands are also available online in more than 100 countries worldwide at AnnTaylor.com, LOFT.com, Louandgrey.com or at our LOFT franchise stores in Mexico.
About The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) is dedicated to being the end of breast cancer by advancing the world's most promising research. Founded by Evelyn H. Lauder in 1993, BCRF-funded investigators have been deeply involved in every major breakthrough in breast cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. This year, BCRF has awarded $57 million in grants to support the work of more than 250 scientists at leading medical and academic institutions across 14 countries, making BCRF the largest private funder of breast cancer research worldwide. By committing 91 cents of every dollar directly to its mission, BCRF is one of the nation's most fiscally responsible nonprofits.
ANN INC. 2016-2017 BCRF Research Grants
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation recently completed the selection of grantees for the 2016-2017 year and eighteen research grants were selected as part of The ANN INC. Awards. Grant recipients include:
- Monica M. Bertagnolli, MD, Dana Farber Cancer Center, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA; on behalf of Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology Foundation
- Graham A. Colditz, MD, DrPh, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Nancy E. Davidson, MD, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA
- Laura J. Esserman, MD, MBA, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Carol J. Fabian, MD, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, MO
- Dawn L. Hershman, MD, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Stephen D. Hursting, PhD, MPH, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- Melinda L. Irwin, PhD, MPH, Yale School of Public Health, New Haven CT
- Johanna Joyce, PhD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Seema A. Khan, MD, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Nancy U. Lin, MD and Eric P. Winer, MD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
- Kathy D. Miller, MD, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Katherine Reeder-Hayes, MS, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- Meredith Regan, ScD, Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Lois E. Shepherd, MDCM, FRCP, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario
- Annette L. Stanton, PhD, University of California, Los Angeles
- Sandra M. Swain, MD, FACP, Washington Cancer Institute at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- Kala Visvanathan, MBBS, FRACP, MHS, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ann-inc-donates-record-breaking-37-million-to-the-breast-cancer-research-foundation-300379150.html
SOURCE ANN INC.