SHANGHAI, Dec. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Pudong New Area, the large district in Shanghai that lies along and extends out from the eastern bank of the Huangpu River, is well-known for its four major landmark attractions: Oriental Pearl Radio & TV Tower, Jin Mao Tower, Shanghai World Financial Center and Shanghai Tower. Not to be forgotten is the Shanghai Science & Technology Museum that showcases the integration of technology and tourism, and the Shanghai Maglev train station, the city terminus for the magnetic levitation train that combines speed and convenience. In addition, Pudong also features many unique points of interest, including the Bund Sightseeing Tunnel that goes under the Huangpu River, the Shanghai Ocean Aquarium, Riverside Avenue, Shanghai Expo Park, Dishui Lake, dazzling music fireworks, authentic ancient towns, luxury hotels and Shanghai Disneyland Park, all of which serves to make the district a tourist destination appealing to travelers from all around the world.
To further enhance Pudong's appeal as a tourist destination, a campaign has been officially kicked off to collect proposed logo designs and slogans that represent the district's image as a tourist destination. Here is the announcement of the campaign:
Logo and slogan designs that highlight Pudong New District's image as an attractive tourist destination
2. Timeline and Eligible Participants
Period during which proposed logo designs and slogan can be submitted: From December 10, 2015 to January 31, 2016
Showcasing of the selected submissions: March, 2016
Eligible Participants: The campaign is available to companies, organizations and individuals and submissions must contain both logo design and text of proposed slogan.
Logo design and text of slogan shall represent Pudong New District's image as a compelling tourist destination
a. Both logo and slogan shall incorporate unique tourism elements of the district and have artistic appeal and visual impact
b. The digital versions of the logo and slogan must be submitted in TIF or JPG format, with the aspect ratio and color indicated.
c. Submitted designs must be original and have not been made available to the public before the data of submission. Copying or reproducing existing designs is strictly prohibited.
d. The text and layout of the slogan shall be provided in Chinese or in both Chinese and English and consist of concise and catchy words, and be accompanied by a simple explanation of the message behind the chosen text.
4. Design Prizes (in yuan)
- One Top prize: a design award of 100,000 yuan plus coverage of copyright fees
- Four Runner-up prizes: 20,000 yuan for each of the four runner-up winners. The winners of this prize will keep ownership of the copyright
Email for participation and any questions: email@example.com
Names, addresses and contact must be specified in all submissions.
6. Review Methods
- The top five designs will be selected during the final round with prizes awarded to the winning authors.
- The results of the campaign will be announced through media channels.
7. Important Statement
- Submitted designs must be original and have not been made available to the public before the date of submission. Copying or reproducing existing work is strictly prohibited and drafts are to be kept by authors.
- All designs shall be provided in accordance with the requirements of the campaign. Those who fail to meet the requirements will be disqualified.
- Winning authors are obligated to pay any taxes due as a result of receiving the prizes.
- The organizer's decision in relation to all aspects of the campaign are final.
- By virtue of having made a submission, it shall be assumed that the participant has read and understood all the terms and conditions mentioned above.
More information is available on the official website of Pudong Tourism Bureau: www.mice.pudong.gov.cn
The Business Council of Pudong New District, Shanghai (Tourism Bureau)
Pudong Tourism Image Design Collection Office
SOURCE Shanghai Pudong New District Travel Agency