ANSI Board Names Volunteer Leaders for 2013
NEW YORK, Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Board of Directors has announced its new members and officers for the term beginning January 1, 2013.
James T. Pauley , senior vice president of external affairs and government relations at Schneider Electric USA, was appointed to a second one-year term as ANSI's chairman of the board. Mr. Pauley most recently served as chairman of the Board's Finance Committee, and formerly as an ANSI Board vice chairman. He currently co-chairs the ANSI Electric Vehicles Standards Panel (EVSP) and holds leadership positions in numerous other industry organizations, including the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
Arthur E. Cote , P.E., supported by NFPA, will continue in the role of immediate past chairman.
Supporting the chairman will be four vice chairs: Kevan Lawlor , president and CEO of NSF International; David L. Miller , director of standards at the American Petroleum Institute (API); Sharon K. Stanford , director, standards administration, at the American Dental Association (ADA); and Mary Saunders , associate director for management resources (ADMR) at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
The following individuals have been elected to the Board as directors-at-large for terms beginning January 1, 2013, and concluding December 31, 2015:
- Lt. Commander Scott A. Colburn , Director of the Standards Program, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)'s Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRG)
- Dr. Richard J. Forselius , Program Leader, Design for Environment and Safety Program, Sikorsky Aircraft Company/United Technologies Corporation
- Dr. Paul J. Hearty , Vice President, Technology Standards Office, Sony Electronics, Inc.
- Edward Manns , Manager of Aerospace Standards, SAE International
- Joseph M. McGuire , President, Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers
- Susan M. Miller , President and CEO, Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions, Inc.
- Dr. Urvashi Rangan , Director, Consumer Safety and Sustainability Group, Consumer Reports
- Dr. Dan Roley , Standards Manager, Caterpillar Inc.
- Alvin A. Scolnik , representing NEMA
- Rachel Weintraub , Director of Product Safety and Senior Counsel, Consumer Federation of America
- Robert A. Williams , Vice President, Standards, Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.
- Dr. Cynthia D. Woodley , Vice President and Lead Psychometrician, Professional Testing, Inc.
In addition, the following Board members will serve as ANSI Member Forum chairs: Dr. R. David Pittle , consumer representative (Consumer Interest Forum); Dr. John Kulick , Siemens (Company Member Forum); Dr. Mary McKie l, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (Government Member Forum); and Lee Webster , Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) (Organizational Member Forum).
Individuals retiring from the Board at the end of 2012 include:
- Vice Chairman Dr. Belinda Collins , Director of Technology Services, NIST
- Fred Hayes , Director, Technical Services, PMMI
- Daryl Hunt , Director of Standards Strategy, Eastman Kodak
- Scott Klavon , Director of the Nadcap Program and Aerospace Operations, Performance Review Institute
- Dr. William Koch , Consultant and Assessor, WFK Consulting LLC
- Amy Marasco , General Manager, Standards Strategy and Policy, Microsoft
- Don Mays , Director, Product Safety, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- August Schaefer , Senior Vice President and Public Safety Officer, Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (UL)
- Dr. W. Martin Strauss , Principal, Kahn Strauss & Associates
The members and staff of the ANSI Federation express their gratitude and thanks to all of these individuals for their many contributions and efforts in support of the Institute and the U.S. voluntary consensus standardization and conformity assessment community.
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is a private non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance U.S. global competitiveness and the American quality of life by promoting, facilitating, and safeguarding the integrity of the voluntary standardization and conformity assessment system. Its membership is comprised of businesses, professional societies and trade associations, standards developers, government agencies, and consumer and labor organizations. The Institute represents the diverse interests of more than 125,000 companies and organizations and 3.5 million professionals worldwide.
The Institute is the official U.S. representative to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and, via the U.S. National Committee, the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), and is a U.S. representative to the International Accreditation Forum (IAF).
SOURCE American National Standards Institute
More by this Source
ANSI EESCC Begins Development of Energy Efficiency Standardization Roadmap
May 15, 2013, 16:08 ET
Updated Standardization Roadmap for U.S. Electric Vehicle Deployment Released
May 14, 2013, 11:12 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.