NEW YORK, Dec. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Board of Directors has announced its new members and officers for the term beginning January 1, 2017.
Kevan Lawlor, president and CEO of NSF International, was appointed for a third term as ANSI's chair of the board.
Arthur Cote, P.E., supported by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), will continue in the role of immediate past chairman.
Supporting the chairman will be four vice chairs: GP Russ Chaney, CEO of IAPMO; Mary McKiel, president and CEO of the McKiel Group; David Miller, director, standards, American Petroleum Institute (API); and Paris Stavrianidis, general manager of FM Approvals.
The following individuals have been elected to the Board as directors-at-large for terms beginning January 1, 2017:
- Monica Barone, Senior Legal Counsel, Qualcomm Incorporated
- Dale Cyr, CEO, Inteleos
- Konstantinos Karachalios, Managing Director, Standards Association, IEEE
- Gillian Kelleher, Vice President of Food Safety and Quality Assurance, Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
- Jon Labrador, Managing Director, Conformity Assessment, ASME
- Philip J. Mattson, DHS Standards Executive Director, Office of Standards, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Katharine E. Morgan, Executive Vice President (President as of February 1, 2017), ASTM International
- R. David Pittle, Consumer Representative
- Philip Piqueira, Vice President, Global Standards, Underwriters Laboratories
- Clark Silcox, General Counsel, NEMA
- Andy Updegrove, Gesmer Updegrove LLP
In addition, the Board of Directors Nominating Committee has filled five director-at-large vacancies for terms beginning January 1, 2017:
- Patricia Edwards, Voluntary Standards Coordinator, Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Sally Greenberg, Executive Director, National Consumers League
- Kevin Lippert, Manager, Codes and Standards, Eaton Corporation
- Jack Pokrzywa, Director, Global Ground Vehicle Standards, SAE International
- Cynthia Woodley, Chief Operations Officer and Psychometrician, Professional Testing, Inc.
The following Board members will serve as ANSI Member Forum chairs beginning in 2017: James Matthews, Corning Incorporated (Company Member Forum); Claire Ramspeck, ASHRAE (Organizational Member Forum); Mary Saunders, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) (Government Member Forum); and Kathleen Thuner, California Agricultural Commissioners and Sealers Association (CACASA) (Consumer Interest Forum).
Individuals retiring from the Board at the end of 2016 include:
- William Berger, ASME
- Patricia Gleason, SEI
- Alec McMillan, Rockwell Automation
- Robert Williams, Underwriters Laboratories
Individuals leaving ANSI Member Forum chair posts at the end of 2016 include:
- Captain Scott Colburn, U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) (Chair, Government Member Forum)
- Richard Forselius, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, A Lockheed Martin Co. (Chair, Company Member Forum)
- Mary Logan, Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (Chair, Organizational Member Forum)
The members and staff of the ANSI Federation express their gratitude and thanks to all of these individuals for their many contributions and efforts in support of the Institute and the U.S. voluntary consensus standardization and conformity assessment community.
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is a private non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance U.S. global competitiveness and the American quality of life by promoting, facilitating, and safeguarding the integrity of the voluntary standardization and conformity assessment system. Its membership is comprised of businesses, professional societies and trade associations, standards developers, government agencies, and consumer and labor organizations. The Institute represents the diverse interests of more than 125,000 companies and organizations and 3.5 million professionals worldwide.
The Institute is the official U.S. representative to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and, via the U.S. National Committee, the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), and is a U.S. representative to the International Accreditation Forum (IAF).
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ansi-board-names-volunteer-leaders-for-2017-300375516.html
SOURCE American National Standards Institute