Antenna Enhances AMPchroma™ Platform with Open Client and Free Development Tools Newest iteration of leading mobile application platform* allows apps built with third-party development tools to leverage Antenna's enterprise-grade security, integration, and management capabilities
JERSEY CITY, N.J., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Antenna Software today announced enhancements to the Antenna Mobility Platform, AMPchromaTM, its industry leading mobile application platform that enables enterprises to build, run, and manage mobile apps and content. One key update is an open and flexible client that enables app developers to deploy applications built with standard languages and third-party development tools, enabling them to tap into the robust integration, run time, security, and management capabilities of Antenna's platform. In addition, Antenna's own native cross-platform mobile development environment now supports Java, and is available to Antenna customers for free.
Antenna has 'opened up' AMPchroma in recognition of the fact that many enterprise apps are now being created with easy-to-use, open toolsets. In that way, the application development market has shifted, and Antenna recognizes a growing awareness among enterprises that the deployment and management of applications is more crucial than ever. As such, AMPchroma embraces industry standards while providing enterprises with a mobility platform that offers the highest levels of security, integration, and management to help them address complex requirements and still get to market quickly.
The latest iteration of AMPchroma now includes:
- Support for native SDKs – native APIs enable developers to build applications with native SDKs for iOS, Android, BlackBerry, or Windows Mobile.
- Free, open IDE for cross device development – cross platform native IDE now supports Java and allows for maximum code reuse for greater speed and flexibility. Available to AMPchroma customers at no charge.
- Highly scalable mobile server, available in cloud or on premise – high performance, patent-protected messaging platform that securely connects users to enterprise systems. The server also monitors and routes transactions, while optimizing user experience.
- Centralized management console – brings mobile application management (MAM) to the BYOD enterprise with remote user, app, and data management; lock and wipe capabilities; performance usage monitoring; and app analytics and reporting.
"Frequently, when companies start a mobile app development project, they think the biggest challenge is going to be designing and building the application," said Jim Hemmer, CEO for Antenna. "However what's become clear with many companies that come to us is that requirements have broadened to include elements of security, integration, governance, and management as mobility becomes more strategic to business. They underestimate either the complexity of security and integration, or the time it will take to get it done properly. We've enhanced AMPchroma to provide the enterprise capabilities that are lacking in products like PhoneGapTM for a quick and easy way to get apps to market, but with the enterprise-grade security, integration, and management capabilities necessary for strategic business applications."
Unlike lighter-weight consumer-oriented apps, large organizations require a higher level of performance and reliability for multiple transactions and business processes. Companies rely on AMPchroma for run-the-business applications that must perform under a variety of mission-critical conditions.
"In the rail industry, connectivity along service routes can be spotty and unpredictable at times, which can be a serious concern when trying to equip conductors with a mobile eTicketing application for scanning and selling tickets on board, so data persistence and store-and-forward capabilities are critical for our data integrity," said Dee Waddell, Group Information Officer for Amtrak. Amtrak, North America's intercity passenger rail service with more than 300 daily trains, runs its eTicketing mobile app on AMPchroma.
AMPchroma provides unparalleled capabilities for securing, integrating, and managing mobile applications and content, making the most complex aspects of enterprise mobility easier to handle.
Key benefits include:
- Minimizes risk by offering carrier grade security, transaction processing, guaranteed message delivery and encryption, and support for thousands of transactions per second – meaning data isn't lost or compromised.
- Speeds deployment through a common integration point for multiple backend systems, providing fast and easy integration with enterprise systems, social media applications, location-based services, web services, and more.
- Reduces cost with a fully integrated mobile solution that provides flexible deployment, a secure runtime server, holistic mobile management of devices, apps, and content with sophisticated analytics – all in one place, eliminating the need for multiple vendors and solutions.
The newest version of AMPchroma is available immediately. To learn more visit http://www.antennasoftware.com/ampchroma
* For a complimentary copy of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms, click here. For a copy of the Critical Capabilities for Mobile Application Development Platforms report, click here.
Antenna Software is a leading enterprise mobility specialist that helps global enterprises build, run, and manage mobile applications and content. Antenna's Mobility Platform, AMPchroma, is the mobile foundation that handles the complex components of the mobile lifecycle that many businesses struggle with, namely security, integration, and management of mobile applications. Antenna helps businesses to reduce costs, speed deployments, and minimize risks, enabling them to safely embrace the tremendous opportunities of enterprise mobility. Hundreds of large enterprises around the world rely on Antenna as their trusted mobility partner. Founded in 1998, Antenna is the largest independent enterprise mobility provider, and is headquartered in Jersey City, NJ with offices around the world. Visit www.antennasoftware.com and follow @AntennaSoftware.
Copyright © 2012 Antenna Software. All Rights Reserved. Antenna, and AMPchromaTM are trademarks of Antenna Software, Inc. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
CONTACT: Colin Myer, +1-646-673-8685, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Antenna Software