SAN FRANCISCO, February 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global anti-reflective coatings market is expected to reach USD 7.50 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Technological advancements in the field of fabrication and deposition techniques coupled with increasing demand for efficient optical devices from end-use applications are expected to propel demand for the coatings over the next nine years.
The market is highly dependent on the availability of efficient and cost effective deposition technologies. Advanced coating processes including ion assisted deposition, ion beam sputtering, and advanced plasma reactive sputtering are increasingly being used in order to achieve precision in deposition. These advancements have led to use of AR coatings in high-end applications including telescopes, military & defense, and aerospace, thus propelling the market.
The antireflective coatings market is characterized by the presence of numerous market players across the globe. Various manufacturers catering to the eyewear industry are integrated across the value chain wherein they manufacture antireflective coatings as well as the eyewear lens for the end-users.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Anti-reflective Coatings Market Analysis By Application (Eyewear, Electronics, Solar, Automotive), By Technology (Electron Beam Evaporation, Sputtering), By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Rest Of The World), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/anti-reflective-coatings-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Eyewear application accounted for the major share and is expected to witness a CAGR of over 7.0% from 2016 to 2025 on account of rapidly increasing demand for fashion eyewear and sunglasses
- Electronics application is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period on account of technological advancements in display and touchscreens of the devices such as smart phones, laptop, tablets, and smart watches
- Sputtering technology is expected to witness a growth of over 9.0% from 2016 to 2025 on account of high utilization in ophthalmic industry
- Asia Pacific accounted for a share of over 30% in 2015 on account of growth in the manufacturing sector and increasing consumer awareness regarding the benefits of the product in eyewear
- In June 2015, iCoat introduced Indigo anti-reflective coating, which is a blue light filtering AR coating. It is suitable for reducing the digital eye strain and discomfort due to blue light.
- In May 2014, HOA launched UV control which is a UV resistant coating applied on the back surface of the spectacles. The coating comes in combination with Hi-Vision Long-life anti-reflective coating.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Bio-based and Low VOC Paints Market -http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bio-based-low-voc-paints-market
- Defoamers Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/defoamers-market
- Dispersing Agent Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/dispersing-agent-market
- Wood Protection Coatings Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/wood-protection-coatings-market
Grand View Research has segmented the global AR coating market on the basis of technology, application, and region:
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Electron Beam Evaporation
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog: Anti-reflective Coatings Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blog/anti-reflective-coatings-market-size-share
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.