NEW YORK, Oct. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "The global antifouling paints & coatings market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.6% from 2016 to 2021"
The global antifouling paints & coatings market is projected to reach USD 9.22 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 8.6% between 2016 and 2021. High demand of antifouling paints & coatings from the shipping industry is propelling the growth of this market.
"The shipping vessel segment is the largest application segment in the global antifouling paints & coatings market"
There is an increased demand for antifouling paints & coatings in hulls and underwater surfaces of shipping vessels, as they provide smoothness and great polishing effect to these surfaces. Thus, the growing usage of antifouling paints & coatings in the underwater surfaces and hulls of ships & boats is expected to contribute towards the growth of the shipping vessels segment of the global antifouling paints & coatings market during the forecast period.
"The copper-based antifouling paints & coatings segment is the largest type segment in the global antifouling paints & coatings market"
The copper-based antifouling paints & coatings segment accounted for the largest share of the global antifouling paints & coatings market in 2015. Copper-based antifouling paints & coatings are environment-friendly and ensure fouling-free surfaces of ships or boats, which result in substantial fuel savings and consequently reduce emission of greenhouse gases.
"Asia-Pacific led the global antifouling paints & coatings market"
The Asia-Pacific region accounted for the largest share of the global antifouling paints & coatings market in 2015. The Asia-Pacific antifouling paints & coatings market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is mainly attributed to the growing demand of antifouling paints & coatings from the shipping industry for various applications, such as shipping vessels, drilling rigs & production platforms, and fishing boats, among others.
Profile break-up of primary participants for the report:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 – 55 %, Tier 2 – 20%, Tier 3 – 25%
- By Designation – C level – 75%, Manager level – 25%
- By Region – North America - 10%, Europe – 20%, Asia-Pacific – 30%, Middle East & Africa – 20%, Latin America - 20%
Furthermore, as a part of qualitative analysis, the research provides a comprehensive review of major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges. It also discusses competitive strategies adopted by different market players, such as AkzoNobel N.V. (Netherlands), BASF S.E. (Germany), Nippon Paint Marine Coatings Co., Ltd. (Japan), PPG Industries (U.S.), The Sherwin-Williams Company (U.S.), Jotun (Norway), Hempel A/S (Denmark), Chugoku Marine Paints, Ltd. (Japan), Boero YachtCoatings (Italy), and Kop-Coat Marine Group (PETTIT Marine Paint) (U.S.).
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the antifouling paints & coatings market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the antifouling paints & coatings market offered by top players
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the antifouling paints & coatings market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyzes the market for antifouling paints & coatings across varied regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the antifouling paints & coatings market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the global antifouling paints & coatings market
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03903670-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/antifouling-paints-and-coatings-market-by-type--application--region---global-forecast-to-2021-300341092.html