Apartment Investment and Management Company Team Members Devote Volunteer Hours to Help Local Communities During National Week of Service
DENVER, Oct. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Hundreds of Apartment Investment and Management Company (Aimco) employees are reaching out to serve their neighbors as part of the company's national Aimco Cares Community Service Week October 15-19. This is the second week-long, team volunteer effort that Aimco has sponsored this year to help meet critical needs in local communities.
Aimco's Service Week projects include:
- Oct. 15: Aimco Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Terry Considine will join a team in Denver to prepare and serve dinner at a Ronald McDonald House in Aurora, Colorado; Denver team members also will do trail maintenance and clean-up at the Castlewood State Park in Parker, Colorado.
- Oct. 16: Team members in Northern California will prepare and distribute food boxes to families in emergency situations in partnership with the Ecumenical Hunger Program in Palo Alto; the Aimco Greenville team will provide free lawn care services to senior citizens through the Diligent Hands, Gracious Hearts program; the Southern California team will prepare and serve meals at the Ronald McDonald House in Pasadena; and a team from Denver will partner with the Denver Parks and Recreation Department to restore local park trails.
- Oct. 17: Aimco team members in Miami will volunteer at His House, which provides services to abused, neglected and abandoned children in South Florida; and teams from Aimco's Boston area will work at a Habitat for Humanity Restore facility.
- Oct. 18: A team from Aimco's Greenville office will assist the Shriners Hospital with preparations for its 85th birthday celebration; the Northern California team will sort clothing donations for the Inn Vision Shelter which serves the homeless and low-income families in Northern Santa Clara and San Mateo counties.
- Oct.19th: An Aimco Denver team will sort and pack food donations at the Food Bank of the Rockies and another will serve lunch at the Denver Rescue Mission; Aimco team members in Long Beach will serve meals at the Ronald McDonald House.
Aimco Cares weeks are focal points for Aimco's philanthropic activities. Through the Aimco Cares program, each employee receives 10 paid hours per year to apply toward a volunteer activity.
"Giving back to the communities where we live and work helps define Aimco as a company and a corporate citizen," said Terry Considine, Chairman and CEO of Aimco. "Our teams across the country continue to demonstrate remarkable compassion and goodwill for their neighbors. They are wonderful examples of how we all can make a positive difference by serving our communities."
Aimco is a real estate investment trust headquartered in Denver, Colorado that owns and operates a geographically diversified portfolio of apartment communities. Aimco, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the largest owners and operators of conventional and affordable apartment communities in the United States, with 344 properties serving approximately 250,000 residents each year. Aimco's properties are located in 30 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Aimco common shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol AIV and are included in the S&P 500.