SAN FRANCISCO and BEIJING, Oct. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- App Annie, the leading business intelligence and market data platform for apps and digital content, today announced that it is moving into the books world with its latest offering, App Annie for eBooks. The product line provides publishers, authors, agents and marketers alike with a free dashboard for tracking their own eBook sales and downloads as well as research information on market trends worldwide.
Reading will never go out of style, and our romance with the written word is only getting stronger. But what is changing is the way we are consuming books, as shown by the proliferation of tablet, smartphone and eReader devices as well as the increasing availability of digital books through Amazon, iBooks and Google Play. A recent PricewaterhouseCoopers report predicts that consumer eBooks will drive $8.2 billion in sales in 2017, overtaking print and audio book sales.1 "The eBooks space is an emerging market with huge potential," said Bertrand Schmitt, CEO, App Annie Inc. "There are a lot of similarities to the mobile apps market, from projected growth to methods of purchase and consumption to the need for business intelligence and platforms for analyzing the vast amounts of data we have access to. App or eBook, it's all digital content, and that's why we want to leverage our existing infrastructure to take the hassle out of managing and analyzing the complicated data publishers and authors are getting every day."
App Annie for eBooks consists of two components. The first, 'Analytics,' allows publishers to track all their sales and download data from multiple eBooks stores in one simple dashboard. Publishers can effortlessly analyze their eBook revenues, downloads, ratings, reviews and rankings. Furthermore, App Annie provides a number of options for you to access your data, including a web dashboard, email reports, downloadable file reports and soon a mobile app. "App Annie for eBooks has helped immensely with the difficult problem of organizing and tracking our eBooks revenues and downloads, and visualizing long-term trends. Now, in a simple dashboard, we can see each book's revenues, rankings and featured status, country by country. App Annie is a great time saver," said Charles Catton, Publishing Manager, Amber Books Ltd.
The second, 'Store Stats,' offers customers the ability to examine eBook marketplace dynamics, measured through rankings, ratings and featured sections across geography, category and time. With a comprehensive database of over one million ranked eBooks, Store Stats makes in-depth market research easy and convenient, aggregating the world's eBooks store data into one place. App Annie for eBooks is available for the Amazon Kindle and iBooks stores, with more stores coming in the future.
Why use App Annie for eBooks?
- Unified dashboard - view all your eBook Accounts in one place, whether they're on Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, or iTunes Connect Books. This gives access to all of your monthly Amazon Kindle and daily iBookstore data in an easy to use dashboard where you can easily analyze what's going on by geography, date or SKU.
- Hassle free tracking - our system automatically synchronizes your eBook data so it's never lost and you can make informed decisions with up to date data, with no more manual downloads.
- Customer feedback management - instantly access your customers' feedback, from reviews to ratings for all your eBooks, country-by-country.
- eBook discovery - find out where your eBooks are being 'discovered' worldwide on iBookstore. Our 'Featured Tracker' records when your eBooks are included on iBookstore 'featured' pages, broken down by day, country, and inventory.
- Competitive analysis - keep an eye on the competition with simple views of every country your competitors appear in, Top Chart eBook rankings and historical trends for any eBook.
- eBook market trends - track trends with an exhaustive source of country-specific rankings for eBooks from every writer and publisher available on Amazon or iBooks stores.
Some customer accolades:
"App Annie has been a great tool for us to track the sales and rankings of our iPad app and we are so pleased to be able to track our sales and rankings for our eBooks with App Annie now too, we highly recommend it!" Jared Stoneberg, larkcookbook.com
"We love the new eBook analytics platform, it's easy to use and we can get to any book data we need with speed that we never had before." Tony Garza, Founder, Cosmic Ray Gun.
"It's great to finally be able to see how our Kindle and iBooks are doing in one convenient place, not to mention the great visuals." David Fox, Electric Eggplant.
For more information, or to sign up for your free App Annie for eBooks account, visit us at http://www.appannie.com/app-annie-for-ebooks/, check out our blog, follow @AppAnnie on Twitter or like us on Facebook.
About App Annie
App Annie is reinventing business intelligence products for the apps, eBooks and digital content economy. App Annie data and products are the industry standard, used by over 90 percent of the Top 100 grossing iOS publishers. More than 300,000 apps rely daily on App Annie Analytics to track their downloads, revenues, rankings and reviews. The company is tracking more downloads and revenues than any other app store market data company, to date over 25 billion downloads and more than US $6 billion in app store revenues. App Annie is a privately held global company of more than 110 employees with offices in San Francisco, Beijing, Hong Kong, London, Seoul, and Tokyo. For more information, please visit http://www.appannie.com/, check out our blog, and follow @AppAnnie on Twitter.
SOURCE App Annie