POWAY, Calif., Feb. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Apricorn (www.apricorn.com), a leading designer and manufacturer of secure mobile storage products, has expanded into the rapidly growing ruggedized space with its new, super tough encrypted USB 3.0 solid state drive. Constructed with military grade durability and FIPS 140-2 validated security, the Aegis Padlock SSD is designed specifically to meet the stringent and rigorous needs of Government, Military and Law Enforcement.
Boasting a crush resistant, aluminum enclosure rated to over 6500 lbs, the Aegis Padlock SSD is both water resistant and impervious to dust and grit, making this secure USB 3.0 solid state drive as tough as they come. With no moving parts, the drive is drop and vibration resistant, unaffected by high humidity and works in extreme temperatures.
"For those deployed in harsh environments, computing solutions must be built to the highest level of durability and reliability. Sensitive data may be used for mission-critical applications, and failure in the field is just not an option," said Mike McCandless, VP of Sales and Marketing at Apricorn. "With this in mind, we tasked our engineers to come up with super rugged drive that could really take a beating; one that not only protects data against a myriad of security threats, but physical threats as well."
Invincible to key logging attacks, all data on the drive is protected with real-time AES-XTS 256-bit hardware encryption and access to the drive is protected with the user's unique PIN via an onboard keypad.
Validated to NIST FIPS 140-2 Level 2 requirements, the cryptography standard required by the US federal government for protection of sensitive data; the Aegis Padlock SSD has undergone rigorous testing on 11 cryptographic levels, including design integrity, physical security and cryptographic key management.
With software free setup and operation, the Aegis Padlock SSD requires no software updates or admin rights, making it easy to implement in corporate environments. The Aegis Padlock SSD also incorporates security enhancements such as a Timed Auto-lock and Brute Force Self Destruct feature that uses a crypto erase to destroy the encryption key when the PIN is incorrectly entered 20 consecutive times.
Combine the SSD performance with an integrated USB 3.0 cable for data transfer speeds up to 230 MB/s, and you have one powerful drive.
- Rugged Solid State Drive – Drop and vibration resistant, unaffected by high humidity and works in extreme temperatures
- Crush Resistant, Solid Aluminum Enclosure – Rated to 6500 lbs
- Dust and Water Resistant Design
- Secure PIN Access – Onboard keypad prevents hardware and software key logging
- Military grade AES-XTS 256-bit hardware encryption – protects 100% data in real time
- Software Free Design – Cross platform compatible, and no Administrator Rights required
- Independent Admin and User PINs – Perfect for corporate deployments or as a business collaboration tool
- Integrated USB 3.0 cable for data transfer speeds up to 230 MB/s
- Tamper resistant – Epoxy resin destroys circuit board and encryption chip if tampered with
- Auto-lock – Ideal for protecting your data when you're away from your computer, you can configure the drive to lock after a pre-determined amount of time of your choosing
- Brute Force Attack Defense Mechanism – Crypto erase after 20 consecutive failed entries
- Encryption keys are randomly generated
- OS/Host independent – Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and more
- Available in Capacities of up to 480GB
Apricorn's Aegis Padlock SSD is available from online retailers and Apricorn's website at http://www.apricorn.com/padlock-ssd.html
120 GB: $429
240 GB: $629
480 GB: $999
3 year limited
High Resolution Image
FIPS 140-2 Validation
The Aegis Padlock SSD FIPS 140-2 validation has been listed by the US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) under certification 1965.
Further information on FIPS 140-2 Level 2 certification can be found at http://www.nist.gov
Apricorn, a leader in personal storage, has provided secure storage solutions for some of the most prominent names in the industries of finance, healthcare and government. Apricorn's products have become the standard for many mobile security strategies. Apricorn was founded in 1983 and has developed numerous award winning products under the Apricorn brand and has been an OEM supplier to a number of leading computer manufacturers. Apricorn is headquartered in Poway, California, and distributes products throughout North America and select countries worldwide. For additional information please visit http://www.apricorn.com.
Data transfer speeds based on optimal configuration
One gigabyte (GB) = one billion bytes; accessible capacity will be less and actual capacity depends on the operating environment and formatting.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Read more news from Apricorn.