Aqua Lung Launches "Details" Dive Line - Designed By Women For Women
Leading Scuba Gear Brand Taps into Female Divers to Help Develop Most Comprehensive Women's Offering in the Marketplace
VISTA, Calif., Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Aqua Lung, the world's leading professional and recreational dive and swim equipment innovator, today announced the launch of Details, the first-of-its-kind dive line designed by women for women. The new collection features a wide range of products developed specifically to meet the needs of women, with shapes, sizes, color and fit designed exclusively to meet the preferences of female divers. Aqua Lung's new Details line offers regulators, Buoyancy Control Devices, gloves, snorkels, masks, fins, wetsuits, rash guards, boots, gloves, bags and more to revolutionize the scuba diving experience for women, while setting industry standards in technology, comfort, safety and design.
"After thorough research and testing, we recognized a gap in the marketplace for dive gear that specifically meets women's scuba diving needs," said Olivier Laguette, director of marketing for Aqua Lung International. "We tapped into the insight of our international team of female divers, water enthusiasts and active individuals who are driven by their passion for the sport of diving and who understand that performance, quality and style are all about details. From ergonomic and fashionable designs, to the fit and comfort of our products, no detail has been overlooked in our new line, and we are proud to share it with women everywhere who love—and live—to dive."
Women divers will benefit from key products and unique amenities in the new Details line, including:
- Twilight Legend LX Regulator―A top-of-the-line fully adjustable regulator that joins the existing Legend LX. This regulator includes a smaller Comfo-Bite ™ mouth piece and a lighter second stage to reduce jaw fatigue, as well as the revolutionary Master Breathing System (MBS) for simple breathing comfort control.
- Soul i3 Buoyancy Compensator―This luxury BC incorporates Aqua Lung's most comfortable harness system to date, the Wrapture Harness™ for a comfortable and lighter fit, and includes the intuitive i3 control system, allowing you to easily inflate and deflate the air cell. It also contains an advanced air cell design with sleeker, lower profile lobes and an angled zipper pocket for ease of use while diving.
- Suunto D4i Lilac—An easy-to-use, air integrated wrist top computer with three dive modes: air, nitrox and free. Divers can upload detailed graphical logs and dive data on the computer using Suunto DM4 software and share diving adventures with friends on MovesCount.com.
- Shot FX―This innovative, high-performance fin is ergonomically designed with a foot pocket that is sized specifically for women and a unique Power Zone with V-boosters to create a powerful and more comfortable kick. In addition, a spring loaded foot strap provides a perfect, adjustment-free fit.
- Linea Mask―An incredibly comfortable mask with unique buckles that prevent hair entanglement.
- AquaFlex Women's Wetsuits―These suits are developed for bodies in motion. With the flexibility and comfort of the super stretch Aqua Flex neoprene, women can be free to move. The wetsuits are also equipped with a shorter zipper―helping to keep warmth in.
- Women's Ava Glove―Created to be longer and narrower in the palm and fingers to best fit a woman's hand; these gloves also have thicker neoprene on the back of the hand for warmth, and thinner neoprene on the palm for greater dexterity.
- Women's Cora Glove―Much like the Ava glove, this product is designed to fit a woman's longer and narrower palm and fingers, while an adjustable wrist strap keeps gloves securely in place throughout a dive.
- Women's Ellie Ergo Boot―Shaped to accommodate a woman's lower calf, these boots have a super-stretch upper that includes a zipperless entry to eliminate water exchange and heat loss. Plus, these boots are packaged in a reusable mesh bag for easy traveling.
- Women's Catalina Roller Bag and Avalon Cosmetic Bag and Pouch―Compact while accommodating a complete set of women's cold or warm water dive gear, the roller bag provides rigidity with an internal fin pocket for the protection of gear, while the cosmetic bag utilizes a rotating hanger for easy attachment to knobs, towel racks or shower heads.
For more information about the Details women's dive line by Aqua Lung, visit http://women.aqualung.com/women/us.
About Aqua Lung
Aqua Lung pioneered the creation of modern diving equipment more than 60 years ago, and continues to be the leading global designer and manufacturer of dive gear. With a deep commitment to quality, research and testing, Aqua Lung has revolutionized the scuba diving experience by setting industry standards for scuba equipment in technology, comfort, safety and design. The company's rich history as an expert in the dive industry has led to the demand of Aqua Lung equipment for recreational, technical and military applications in more than 30 countries around the world, under numerous brand names including, Sea Quest, Deep See, U.S. Divers, Apeks, Aqua Sphere and Stohlquist. For more information, visit www.AquaLung.com.
SOURCE Aqua Lung
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.