ATLANTA, Sept. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- From soft blue to fiery red, the latest introductions in vintage jewelry from Topazery emphasize gemstones that are growing in popularity due to their distinctive colors.
"Aquamarine and almandine garnet are on opposite ends of the color scale, from a cool, transparent blue to the deep hues of red and purple," said Jan Walden, president and founder of Topazery, one of the Internet's leading resources for vintage and antique jewelry. "It's these distinct colors that are leading to a rediscovery of the beauty of these classic gemstones."
Aquamarine is one of the most popular jewelry gemstones in the world, particularly in engagement rings. Aquamarine is not only the March birthstone, but it is also the gem designated to be given for a 19th wedding anniversary.
Almandine garnet belongs to a vast mineral group sourced from all over the world, ranging in color from red to dark purple. It's a popular gem choice because of its hardness and highly reflective light qualities. Garnet is January's birthstone.
Topazery has introduced five new items to its website that illustrate the wide range of aquamarine and almandine garnet jewelry:
- Vintage Style Engagement Ring with Aquamarine – This ring combines aquamarine and diamonds in a vintage style setting that features soft swirls and angular edges. The new vintage style ring is made of 18k white goal with round brilliant cut diamonds. Item# RG-3618. $1649.
- Aquamarine Engagement Ring With Scalloped Band – Diamonds swirl in an infinity design down the band of this vintage style aquamarine engagement ring. The meandering diamonds lure the eye to the round greenish blue aquamarine at the center. This new vintage style engagement ring features 18k white gold. Item# RG-3623. $2499.
- Aquamarine and Filigree Antique Cocktail Ring – A pair of calf's head aquamarines forms a romantic bowtie in this antique cocktail ring. The filigree cutwork of the band culminates at the center with a chevron-etched divider and the aquamarines sit atop and beneath this dividing line. Mill grain trims the edges of the two aquamarines. Circa 1930s. Item# RG-3663. $2350.
- Vintage Style Engagement Ring with Almandine Garnet – Diamond accents cool the fiery blaze of this vintage style engagement ring's almandine garnet. This vintage style ring features an 18k white gold setting, and a stream of diamonds down the shoulders which are edged in mill grain. Item# RG-3625. $1995.
- Vintage Almandine Garnet Ring with a Floral Design – The almandine garnet at the center of this ring is a deep red, accented by delicate floral blossoms. An octagonal mounting features four metallic rosettes at its corners. The filigreeing that highlights the band is threaded down the shoulders with a trio of mill grain streamers. Circa 1930s. Item# RG-3666. $1199.
Topazery is one of the leading online resources for vintage and antique jewelry. Launched in 2002, www.topazery.com is the home of a meticulously curated collection of vintage and antique jewelry, including engagement rings, necklaces, bracelets and other unique period pieces of all kinds. The Topazery team includes a master jeweler and a certified gemologist appraiser, led by Jan Walden, a GIA-educated professional who founded Topazery and has hand-selected each item in the Topazery collection.
Contact: Mark Brock
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/aquamarine-and-almandine-garnet-gemstones-featured-in-latest-topazery-introductions-300334581.html