ARAG Offers Seven Questions to Ask When A Friend Remarries
DES MOINES, Iowa, June 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- If your friend is considering getting married for a second or third time, one thing you can encourage is a review of finances before taking the plunge. Lacey Noel, an attorney and contributor to SupportInASplit.com, shows how remarriage, unlike a first marriage, can be a bit trickier from a financial perspective.
Here are a few tough questions you may suggest your friend ask before heading to the altar:
- Is either person currently receiving alimony or Social Security from the previous marriage? Will it end if that person remarries?
- How will remarrying affect college financial aid for your child? Qualifying calculations may include income of either parent's current spouse.
- What is each person's credit and debt history? While each person has an individual credit report, joint credit obligations show up on both credit reports.
- What income and assets does each person bring to the marriage? If significantly different, is each person comfortable with what the other contributes to the financial picture?
- What is each person's individual attitude toward money based on upbringing and life experience?
- How will paying the bills and planning for the future be managed?
- Will the couple create a prenuptial agreement?
Marriage can be great with the right person. Asking the tough questions about all aspects of each others' lives can help your friend know if this time the person really is "right."
Read the full story: http://www.supportinasplit.com/seven-questions-to-ask-when-a-friend-remarries/
About Support in a Split
When a friend or family member is going through a divorce, most people find it tough to know what to say or how to help. Support in a Split targets the extended support groups of people going through divorce and offers practical ways for them to help during a difficult time. With insight from attorneys, divorce counselors and divorce survivors, blog topics range from exercise, dating and updating legal documents. Support in a Split is sponsored by ARAG®, a global provider of legal solutions.
More by this Source
ARAG Offers Five Tips to Help Prevent Medical Identity Theft
Feb 04, 2014, 15:16 ET
ARAG offers the Best Celebrity Legal Mishaps in 2013
Jan 02, 2014, 11:55 ET
Thanksgiving - Food, Family and the Tough Conversation You Can't Avoid
Nov 20, 2013, 10:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.