Aramark Unveils "Tribute Menu Series" For 2014 Football Season New menus celebrating the hometown team's heritage to debut at 11 NFL stadiums
PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Rain or shine, sleet or snow, nothing can dampen the spirit of a hungry NFL fan. This season, Aramark (NYSE: ARMK), the food and beverage partner for 11 NFL teams, is debuting the "Tribute Menu Series" – a tribute to each teams' heritage, hometown culinary scene and dedicated fans. From the Bad to the Bone Bologna in Cleveland, to the Red Sail Dog in Tampa, each of Aramark's new menu items feature local flavors and have names celebrating, and paying homage to, the team's history or fan base.
"Food is an important part of the game day experience and our culinary teams work tirelessly to create dining experiences and menu offerings that are authentic and customized for each team we serve," said Carl Mittleman, president of Aramark's Sports and Entertainment division. "With our new 'Tribute Menu Series,' we hope to further connect football fans with their hometown team by showcasing local, flavorful and distinctly named menu items at each stadium we serve."
During the off-season, Aramark's culinary team explores the current food trends and the regional cuisine of each city, through tasting tours, while also pouring over fan feedback submitted during the previous season, to create customized menus that reflect each city's local flavors and signature tastes.
Fans can expect to find the following "Tribute Menu Series" items at these 11 NFL stadiums this season:
Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City Chiefs)
Tailgate Stack- Burnt ends topped with cheddar cheese sauce, malted beer grain syrup, bacon and a fried egg, served on a piece of frybread.
- Name Inspiration: Pays homage to the popular tailgating culture at Arrowhead Stadium.
- Location: Gridiron Express stands (Sections 103, 135)
First Energy Stadium (Cleveland Browns)
Bad to the Bone Bologna- Fried all-beef bologna, cut into the shape of Dawg bones, white American cheese, sweet pickles and Chomp's secret, spicy sauce, on soft white roll.
Served with crinkle cut chips and a side of bologna cheese sauce.
- Name Inspiration: A nod to the devoted fans of the Browns' "Dawg Pound".
- Location: Grill portables in general concessions
Heinz Field (Pittsburgh Steelers)
The Emperor- Two Beef patties with shaved kielbasa, onion bacon kraut, fried egg and Heinz Field Secret Sauce on a Brioche bun.
- Name Inspiration: A tribute to the Steelers' Hall of Fame head coach.
- General concessions (Sections 133,122, 509, 533), East and West Clubs (Sections 212, 236)
Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia Eagles)
The Quick & Carmichael- Black cherry smoked pulled pork, maple sugar smoked pulled chicken, topped with house made slaw, on a potato roll.
Each sandwich is available with choice of Kansas City Style Barbecue Sauce or Carolina Vinegar Barbecue Sauce
- Name Inspiration: Inspired by Eagles' Pro Bowlers, Mike Quick and Harold Carmichael, who were two of the best wide receivers in the team's history.
- Location: Tork Cafe and Market on the club level and general concessions (Section 134)
LP Field (Tennessee Titans)
Music City Meatloaf Sandwich- Homemade meatloaf with crispy, fried onions and chipotle mayo.
- Name Inspiration: Named for Nashville's thriving comfort food scene.
- Location: The new Provisions stand (Sections 113, 136, 311, 336)
M&T Bank Stadium (Baltimore Ravens)
Poe's Pork Taco - Smoked pulled pork, tossed with buffalo sauce, topped with green onion slaw on a flatbread tortilla.
Served with Utz Potato Chips.
- Name Inspiration: Named in honor of Baltimore's famous poet, Edgar Allan Poe, who penned "The Raven," from which the team derives its name.
- Location: General concessions (Sections 101, 123, 549)
NRG Stadium (Houston Texans)
Toro's Chicken Stack - Created by Aramark's celebrity chef partner, Grady Spears- Hill Country smoked chicken, topped with candied bacon, Texas jack cheese, cranberry mayo and garnished with fresh arugula, served on a Sheila Parton jalapeno roll.
Served with kettle chips.
- Name Inspiration: Inspired by the Texans' lovable mascot, Toro, who craves chicken and every other item on NRG Stadium's menu.
- Location: General concessions (Sections 109, 129, 327)
Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati Bengals)
Who-Dey Pigskin Wrap- Soft flour tortilla encasing two corn tostada shells loaded with Mojo pulled pork (seasoned and cooked for over 13 hours), pork crackling, bacon bits, fresh Pico de Gallo and pepper jack cheese, grilled until golden brown.
Served with creamy cilantro-lime queso cheese sauce.
- Name Inspiration: Inspired by the Bengals' mascot, Who Dey, who got his name from the 1980's chant, "Who Dey, Who Dey, Who Dey think gonna beat them Bengals."
- Location: Pigskin Pub, located on the west sideline concourse
Raymond James Stadium (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
Red Sail Dog- Hebrew National hot dog with Sriracha mustard, red sauerkraut and scallion curls, on a split top bun.
- Name Inspiration: A tribute to the red sail on the Buccaneers' logo.
- Location: General concessions (Sections 114, 139)
Soldier Field (Chicago Bears)
DaBurger Sliders- Pepper jack pork burger, chorizo cream, chipotle barbecue pulled pork, Havarti cheese, thick-cut bacon and crispy potato sticks.
- Name Inspiration: Inspired by the Illinois Pork Council's classic "DaBurger."
- Location: South Marche, Dr. Pepper Zone, Bears' Den and suites
TCF Bank Stadium (Minnesota Vikings)
40 for 60 Burger- Specially blended 40% bacon, 60% ground beef patty, with cheddar cheese, applewood smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, crispy onions, a fried egg and special sauce, served on a pretzel bun.
- Name Inspiration: A tribute to Vikings' legendary quarterback Joe Kapp's game day philosophy -- 40 men playing as one for 60 minutes.
- Location: General concessions (Section 139)
Aramark now partners with 15 National Football League teams to provide food and beverage, retail and/or facilities services – Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tennessee Titans.
About Aramark Sports and Entertainment
Aramark Sports and Entertainment creates remarkable experiences for guests at over 150 premier sports facilities, convention centers and entertainment venues throughout North America. With industry-leading insight, Aramark designs innovative hospitality, dining and catering, retail merchandise, and facility service programs that deliver valuable business results. Learn more at www.aramarkentertainment.com, or follow us at @Aramarksports.
Aramark delivers experiences that enrich and nourish people's lives through innovative services in food, facilities management, and uniforms. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees make a meaningful difference each day for millions of people in 22 countries around the world. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Contact: David Freireich