ATLANTA, Oct. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Whether you're feeling happy, daring, funny or sunny, the iconic, retro cool Mr. Men and Little Miss characters from the 70s have a way of capturing your mood. Arby's is bringing these lovable characters, including Mr. Happy and Little Miss Sunshine, into the digital age with a brand new web application. Visitors to Arby's Facebook page will be able to choose a character and find out which Arby's Value Menu items best suit their moods.
Here's how the Mr. Men app works:
- Access the Arby's Mr. Men application free at facebook.com/arbys
- Click on any of the following options:
- See The Mood Of The Web -- Find out what people across the Internet are feeling at that exact moment. The proprietary code scans blog comments for up-to-the-minute sentiment or "mood"
- Share Your Mood -- Pick a Mr. Men or Little Miss character that matches your mood and then share with friends via email, Facebook and Twitter
- Find the Value Menu Item that Best Suits Your Mood -- Pick a Mr. Men or Little Miss character that matches your mood and find out which Arby's Value Menu items suit you best
The Mr. Men app is a social media application that was created by the Innovations group at Initiative, a media and marketing agency that works with Arby's.
"We're very excited to bring these nostalgic and lovable characters to Arby's fans through digital channels as well as in-store," said Kristina Jonathan, VP of Digital & Social Media, Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc.
With the introduction of this app, Arby's continues to expand its social media presence. In July 2010, Arby's launched its first social media application called Arby's Juniorize. This app enables people to interact with Arby's icon, Arby's Junior, have him send preset or customized audio/video messages and morph themselves or friends into their own version of Arby's Junior, 10-gallon hat and all.
Arby's Value Menu, which launched earlier this year, offers many of Arby's signature items, including oven-roasted, freshly sliced Roast Beef sandwiches, Curly Fries and Jamocha Shakes, for prices starting at just $1.
About Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc.
Known in the fast food industry for creating unique, premium sandwiches, Arby's has been in the roast beef business since 1964 when the Raffel Brothers first opened an Arby's restaurant under a glowing neon cowboy hat in Boardman, Ohio. Today, headquartered in Atlanta, Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. is the second largest quick-service sandwich chain in the U.S. with nearly 3,700 restaurants system wide. In addition to its classic, slow-roasted, freshly sliced roast beef and Beef 'n Cheddar sandwiches, Arby's one-of-a-kind menu also includes a deli-style Market Fresh® line of sandwiches, toasted subs and salads, Curly Fries, Jamocha shakes and the 2010 introduction of a national Value Menu, starting at only $1. Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. is a subsidiary of Wendy's/Arby's Group, Inc. (NYSE: WEN). To learn more about Arby's, please visit www.arbys.com.
SOURCE Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc.