Are Biosimilars the Road to Certain Success or High Risk Venture?
Discover key global trends in the ambiguous biosimilars market during Frost & Sullivan's complimentary webinar
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
1:00 p.m. EDT on Thursday, Oct. 17, 2013
Online, with free registration
Frost & Sullivan Life Sciences Senior Industry Analyst Deborah Toscano
The biosimilars market is on the verge of transitioning from a state of infancy to an entrenched facet of healthcare. Numerous biosimilars, or follow-on biologics, have been successfully launched in many countries outside the U.S. Lower cost biosimilar versions of more complex biologic therapies, such as monoclonal antibodies, are now eagerly awaited and expected to significantly impact healthcare costs, particularly in the US, the largest market for biotechnology. However, residual uncertainties surrounding approval and commercial uptake could considerably influence the true potential of this market.
Attend this webinar to:
- Discover the issues around regulatory and payer acceptance of biosimilars in the U.S.
- Learn how biosimilars are forecast to penetrate various biopharmaceutical segments and therapeutic areas
- Understand the potential risks and rewards of this market
- Gain insight into the competitive environment and potential U.S. market leaders
- Identify the key factors with potential to impact the uptake of biosimilars
This briefing will benefit biopharmaceutical industry market participants, investors, pharmacy benefit managers, as well as physicians and other healthcare community members who desire an in-depth analysis of the biosimilars market.
"Biosimilars has been one of the hottest pharma and biotech topics for several years now, and one fraught with much uncertainty, particularly the U.S. market," says Life Sciences Senior Industry Analyst Deborah Toscano. "Availability of follow-on versions of blockbuster monoclonal antibody therapies facing looming patent expiration, such as Humira and Erbitux, are anticipated to make a significant dent in healthcare spend. However, important differences between the biosimilars market and that of conventional generics make the accuracy of such predictions difficult, if not impossible."
For more information about Frost & Sullivan's Life Sciences practice, please visit: http://www.lifesciences.frost.com.
- To attend the briefing, email email@example.com your full name, job title, company name, company telephone number, company email address and website, city, state and country.
- Receive a recorded version of the briefing anytime by submitting the aforementioned contact details.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
More by this Source
Marketing Empowered Sales is a Necessary Reboot for an Aging Model, Finds Frost & Sullivan
Apr 17, 2014, 14:00 ET
CORRECTION: Frost & Sullivan: GIL University Global HQ Launched in Iskandar, Malaysia
Apr 16, 2014, 23:36 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.