WASHINGTON and AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- ShowStoppers® and the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)® today announced the 12 semifinalists selected to pitch to press and members of the investment community at ShowStoppers LaunchIt, the fifth annual official pitch event for startup companies that exhibit at Eureka Park during CES®. CES 2017, the world's largest annual innovation event, runs Jan. 5-8, 2017 in Las Vegas, NV.
ShowStoppers LaunchIt is a curated pitch event for 12 companies selected from the more than 600 young, innovative, transformative and entrepreneurial startups exhibiting in Eureka Park, the home for startups at CES, where retailers, venture capitalists, manufacturers and others find entrepreneurs launching new products, services, apps and ideas. ShowStoppers LaunchIt, a CES 2017 Press Day Power Session, is scheduled for Wednesday, January 4, 2:30-4:30 PM at Mandalay Bay, one day before the CES show floor opens.
This year's event is supported by Case Western Reserve University, Halo, Microsoft, The Israel Conference and OurCrowd.
There is no application fee, and there is no fee charged to companies that are selected to pitch.
A panel of experienced Angel investors, venture capitalists and journalists pre-screened the applications and selected the best to present.
The semifinalists for 2017 are:
- Akoustic Arts, maker of a speaker that only you can hear.
- Cosmo Connected, a specialist in the creation of connected helmets and smartphone application intended for motorbike users, cyclists, skiers and all other sports that need to wear a helmet.
- FoldiMate, inventor of patented technology for a robotic laundry folding machine.
- Good Parents, maker of Kiddo, which tracks key biometrics for children and provides real-time health, wellbeing, stress and development insights through a mobile app.
- HoloLamp, the first portable device which offers a glasses-free and hands-free augmented reality experience.
- In&Motion, which creates wearable smart protection systems that reduce the risk of serious injuries due to falls.
- Kino-mo, which develops hi-tech smart visual technologies.
- Nonda, maker of app-enabled connected-car devices.
- Parihug, which makes electronically-connected teddy bears that let loved ones hug each other from a distance.
- REVINAX, which designs virtual reality apps to transmit skills via immersive tutorials.
- TwinswHeel, inventor of a droid for e-commerce.
- WEZR, inventor of an all weather wearable tracker.
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA, formerly the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the $211 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA's industry services. Find CEA online: http://www.CE.org and http://www.DeclareInnovation.com. Follow CES at www.CESweb.org and through social media.
Note to Editors: The official name of the global technology event is "International CES." Subsequent references to the show can be shortened to "CES." Please do not use "Consumer Electronics Show" to refer to the International CES. For more information about the 2017 CES, visit CESweb.org.
Beginning its 24th year, ShowStoppers is the global leader in producing press and business events spanning the US, Europe and Asia. Each event organizes product introductions, sneak previews and demonstrations for selected journalists, bloggers, industry and financial analysts, venture capitalists and business executives. Industry leaders, innovators and startups exhibit to help generate news coverage and product reviews, make new connections, promote brand, and open new markets. ShowStoppers produces events at CES, CTIA and Mobile World Congress, among others; the official press events at IFA and NAB; and partners with CES and CE Week.
For questions relating to the ShowStoppers LaunchIt event, contact Dave Leon, director of sales, +1-845-638-3527.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/are-you-looking-for-the-hottest-startups-at-ces-2017-300383852.html