To help viewers understand what is and isn't covered by their insurance and to choose the best coverage for their needs and budget, the I.I.I.'s (I.I.I.), disaster preparedness experts will be available via satellite media tour on Wednesday, July 20, from 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.ET, and Tuesday, August 2, from 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET. In studio interviews are also available.
The I.I.I. can talk about:
- How to understand your policy—and questions to ask your insurance professional when purchasing insurance for your home, auto, or business.
- Which disasters are covered by standard homeowners and business insurance policies--and which are not covered
- The specific types of coverage audiences in your market need --and which ones they don't need to waste money on).
- The importance of an insurance checklist
- What a deductible is (and how it works)
- Why insurance is necessary even when it is not mandatory.
- How to get insurance money faster after a disaster by understanding the claims process
- The importance of having an up-to-date home inventory - there's an app for that! – 'Know Your Stuff App'.
- Ways to save money on home and renters insurance and still be protected when disaster strikes.
- Free resources to keep people and property safe while protecting their finances.
I.I.I.'s Insurance Experts:
Dr. Robert Hartwig, CPCU, president and economist: A veteran of many major natural disasters including Hurricane Katrina and superstorm Sandy, Dr. Hartwig has focused his work on improving understanding of key insurance issues across all industry stakeholders including media, consumers, insurers, producers, regulators, legislators and investors. He is a member of the American Economic Association, the American Risk and Insurance Association, the National Association of Business Economics and the CPCU Society.
Jeanne M. Salvatore, senior vice president, chief communications officer and consumer spokesperson: Ms. Salvatore plays a highly public role in representing the I.I.I. and the insurance industry. Ms. Salvatore works closely with national and local media, appearing often on radio, TV and in print as a spokesperson for insurance-related issues that directly affect the consumer, both individual and commercial. She serves as the industry liaison to numerous consumer, education, safety and community-based organizations. She also has an expertise in disaster response, providing consumer information for victims of natural disasters such as Hurricane Katrina and Superstorm Sandy. She works closely with FEMA's National Flood Insurance Program.
Elianne Gonzalez, Hispanic Press Officer, who is available for Spanish interviews: Ms. Gonzalez is a long-time personal finance editor, writer, and columnist, with work appearing in several major Spanish publications and Web sites. Before joining the I.I.I. in 2005, she was managing editor for the financial section and senior continental editor of the stock market section of the Web site Terra.com, aimed at the U.S. Hispanic market. Ms. Gonzalez's personal finance columns appear in other major Hispanic Web sites including MSN Latino.
Reporters interested in booking a satellite media tour interview, please contact Susan Higgins at: firstname.lastname@example.org; (212) 736-2727.
Issues Update: Hurricanes and Windstorm Deductibles
Facts and Statistics: Catastrophes
The I.I.I. has a full library of educational videos on its You Tube Channel. Information about I.I.I. mobile apps can be found here.
THE I.I.I. IS A NONPROFIT, COMMUNICATIONS ORGANIZATION SUPPORTED BY THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY.
To schedule an interview via phone or satellite (video file will be provided) in English or Spanish for July 20 or August 2, 2016: Susan Higgins (212) 736-2727; email@example.com
Insurance Information Institute, 110 William Street, New York, NY 10038; (212) 346-5500; www.iii.org
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150428/212128LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/are-you-prepared-for-a-disaster--iiis-insurance-experts-share-coverage-tips-and-key-strategies-with-audiences-via-satellite-media-tour-july-20-august-2-300300132.html
SOURCE Insurance Information Institute