AreYouInterested.com Survey Reveals One-Third of Singles Expect to End up in Bed This Valentine's Day
NEW YORK, Feb. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As Valentine's Day approaches, the folks at AreYouInterested.com, a top dating app on Facebook and mobile, polled both men and women to hear their views on dating and mating on the national day of love. AreYouInterested.com has over 1.3 million fans on its Facebook Fan Page and frequently conducts polls to learn about their feelings on dating, relationships, pop culture and more.
Over 500 singles on the AreYouInterested.com Facebook Fan Page responded over the course of several days. Interesting insights include:
- Don't Forget the Condoms! About 1/3 of singles surveyed expect to end up in bed on Valentine's Day.
- Not Over Your Ex? 33 percent of respondents have checked the Facebook status of an ex to see if they had plans on Valentine's Day.
- Blind Dates Welcome! 74 percent of singles feel that a first date on Valentine's Day is a good idea, indicating singles are not intimidated by the romantic pressure the holiday typically brings.
- Traditional Outlook in a Modern World: 58 percent believe the man should be the one to pay for Valentine's Day dinner with one respondent noting, "It's part of the romance. You always have to make a good woman feel special!"
- Rip Off That Band-Aid: About 67 percent said that if they were in a relationship that was rocky, they would end it BEFORE Valentine's Day, rather than wait it out. One respondent said, "End it… but after the gifts are given."
- Mobile Dating is a Rising Trend: Be sure to charge up your phone! 43 percent of singles could envision using a mobile dating app to find a date on Valentine's Day with one respondent saying, "I like living on the edge!"
Methodology: This study was conducted online the week of February 6, 2012 among 515 male and female respondents. Respondents were about equally divided between men (54.3 percent) and women (45.7 percent).
About SNAP Interactive, Inc.
SNAP Interactive, Inc. develops, owns and operates online dating and social networking applications for social networking websites and mobile platforms. SNAP's flagship brand, AreYouInterested.com®, is one of the largest social dating applications on the Internet with over 55 million installs, and offers a completely integrated Facebook, iPhone, Android and Web application. For more information, please visit http://www.SNAP-Interactive.com/, its blog at http://blog.SNAP-interactive.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/SNAPInteractiveInc and on Twitter at @SNAPInteractive.
SOURCE SNAP Interactive, Inc.