Ariama.com Announces Partnership Agreements with Key Classical Institutions
Carnegie Hall, London Symphony Orchestra, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, WQXR, and WFMT Join Current Site Partners Gramophone and BBC Music Magazine
NEW YORK, Dec. 14, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Ariama.com, the groundbreaking new online classical music store from Sony Music Entertainment, today announces that it is joining forces with a number of leading names in classical music performance and radio to improve the ways classical listeners in the US can discover and purchase music on the web.
Carnegie Hall, the nation's foremost presenter of classical music, London Symphony Orchestra and Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, leaders on the global and national stages, as well as both Classical 105.9 WQXR in New York and WFMT and the WFMT Radio Network, two of the pre-eminent names in classical broadcasting, will curate and promote special programming and features on Ariama.com. Through a series of strategic partnerships with Ariama, they will each have their own dedicated areas within Ariama.com to spotlight artists, recommend performances and highlight music from on-air programming. In addition, Ariama will serve as a sponsor of programs and features with each partner.
"We are thrilled to be partnering with Carnegie Hall, the London Symphony Orchestra, the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, WQXR and WFMT to develop unique editorial features and recommendations for Ariama users built around the very best in classical music performance and programming," said Leslie Cohen, Senior Vice President, New Products and Services, Global Digital Business, Sony Music Entertainment. "Ariama's relationships with these venerable institutions further demonstrates its leadership in offering powerful discovery tools designed to meet the specific needs of classical music consumers."
Ariama's collaborations with these new partners will include the following initiatives:
- Carnegie Hall: Ariama.com will feature recommended recordings of upcoming Carnegie Hall performers, spotlights on Carnegie presentations, and interviews with artists playing on its stages. Carnegie Hall will offer its audiences discounts and special deals from Ariama.com.
- London Symphony Orchestra (LSO): London Symphony Orchestra performances and presentations will be profiled on Ariama.com. LSOLive.com will offer buy links for the Orchestra's recordings through Ariama.
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra: Ariama will feature recommendations from Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Music Director Robert Spano and his Atlanta School of Composers – Mr. Spano's commitment to nurturing and championing music defining a new generation of American composers. The collective includes Jennifer Higdon, Michael Gandolfi, Osvaldo Golijov, Christopher Theofanidis, and Adam Schoenberg – as well as releases from ASO Media, the Orchestra's new recording label, which launches in February 2011.
- WQXR: Popular WQXR programming elements, including its "Album of the Week" feature, selections from on-air playlists, and music picks from on-air hosts will be highlighted on Ariama.com. WQXR.org will offer buy links for featured music through Ariama.
- WFMT: WFMT-FM in Chicago will have its own programming highlights page within Ariama.com. Ariama also will sponsor WFMT's pledge drive and the Network's Exploring Music with Bill McGlaughlin, which is heard in over 200 markets throughout the country.
"Carnegie Hall is excited to partner with Ariama," said Clive Gillinson, Carnegie Hall's Executive and Artistic Director. "We believe it will provide an excellent forum to connect music lovers with artists, in ways that complement Carnegie Hall performances and deepen people's engagement with great music."
"We are pleased to be partnering with Ariama.com to offer classical music lovers a new way to connect and engage with all the great musical experiences, composers, and artists associated with our Orchestra," said Atlanta Symphony Orchestra President Stanley E. Romanstein, Ph.D. "We are proud to continue sharing the music of our Atlanta School of Composers, especially now with the launch of our new label, ASO Media. We are confident our fans, both new and steadfast, will find Ariama a great resource and asset to the classical music community."
"For almost 75 years, WQXR has been introducing generations of New Yorkers to classical music through hallmark recordings, live presentations, and engaging hosts," said Graham Parker, Vice President, WQXR. "We are delighted that Ariama will provide our listeners with a one-stop source for the recordings that we feature on-air and online. Creating greater access to these works will enrich the experience of both new listeners and seasoned fans, and extend the service public radio provides to the classical music genre."
"WFMT and the Network strive to provide the best and broadest selection of classical music and fine arts programming heard in the country," says WFMT's Executive Vice President Steve Robinson. "Ariama's unique retail platform is a perfect complement to WFMT's broadcast offerings and a natural partner for us."
Ariama users are already enjoying editorial content from launch partners Gramophone and BBC Music Magazine, as well as Ariama's own original record recommendations and artist interviews.
"Ever since its first magazine in 1923, Gramophone has kept up with new technology, tracing the move from 78 to LP to digital recording to CD and into the age of digital delivery," says James Jolly of Gramophone. "We're delighted to be partnering with Ariama, a site dedicated to uniting music-lovers with the finest performances on offer, and thanks to our 87-year tradition of writing about music we can offer a unique perspective on the record industry's rich history."
Ariama presently offers a growing catalog of more than 200 major and leading independent labels on an elegant one-stop platform for purchasing CDs, high-quality MP3s and lossless FLAC digital downloads. Powerful search and discovery tools are designed to meet the specific needs of classical music consumers.
For more information and to experience Ariama, visit www.ariama.com
About Sony Music Entertainment:
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a current roster that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars. The company boasts a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. It is home to premier record labels representing music from every genre, including American Recordings, Arista Nashville, Arista Records, Battery Records, Beach Street Records, BNA Records, Columbia Nashville, Columbia Records, Day 1, Epic Records, Essential Records, Flicker Records, J Records, Jive Records, LaFace Records, Legacy Recordings, MASTERWORKS, Polo Grounds, RCA Records, RCA Nashville, RCA Red Seal, RCA Victor, Reunion Records, Roc Nation, Sony Classical, Sony Music Latin, Star Time International, Verity Gospel Music Group, and Volcano Entertainment. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
SOURCE Sony Music Entertainment
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.