DALLAS, May 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Arizona Governor Doug Ducey has signed into law legislation to improve one of Arizona's main tax incentives administered by the Arizona Commerce Authority. House Bill 2666, sponsored by Representative Karen Fann, includes amendments and reorganizations that affect Arizona's business incentives. Highlights of the bill include:
- Office of Economic Opportunity
- Establishes the Governor's Office of Economic Opportunity, which will conduct research and analysis of Arizona's tax and regulatory environment in contrast with competing states
- Qualified Facility Income Tax Credit
- Extends the expiration of the credit three years to December 31, 2022
- Provides a more achievable wage threshold for a qualified business in a rural area of the state
- Reduces the employer-paid healthcare benefits threshold
- Adds a focus to "Production Occupations"
- Production Occupations – Defined by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics as positions containing an Occupation code beginning with 51-XXXX
- Allows a developer's investment in a build-to-suit facility to contribute to the capital investment threshold and tax credit calculation
- Arizona Competes Fund
- Extends the program by two years to July 1, 2018
- 30% of the annual allocated funds shall be reserved for grants supporting projects for rural businesses, small businesses, and business development that enhance economic development
- 25% of the annual allocated funds shall be reserved for grants supporting projects of businesses in a county with a population less than two million persons
The state of Arizona is continuing to build a business-friendly environment as it becomes a more competitive state among its peers in the West Region.
Ryan is an award-winning global tax services firm, with the largest indirect and property tax practices in North America and the seventh largest corporate tax practice in the United States. With global headquarters in Dallas, Texas, the Firm provides a comprehensive range of state, local, federal, and international tax advisory and consulting services on a multi-jurisdictional basis, including audit defense, tax recovery, credits and incentives, tax process improvement and automation, tax appeals, tax compliance, and strategic planning. Ryan is a three-time recipient of the International Service Excellence Award from the Customer Service Institute of America (CSIA) for its commitment to world-class client service. Empowered by the dynamic myRyan work environment, which is widely recognized as the most innovative in the tax services industry, Ryan's multi-disciplinary team of more than 2,100 professionals and associates serves over 12,000 clients in more than 40 countries, including many of the world's most prominent Global 5000 companies. More information about Ryan can be found at ryan.com.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION CONTACTS:
Michael Camden, CPA*
*Ryan is not a CPA firm.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/arizona-governor-doug-ducey-signs-tax-bill-affecting-business-incentives-300274907.html